Looking for members based in Scotland...

Options
124»

Replies

• thewhiteswan78
    Options
    Hi from Edinburgh!
  • jamesdc71
    jamesdc71 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I'm based in West Lothian, lost 93lbs May 2008 - May 2010 now concentrating on maintenance & fitness etc & best of all enjoying the new energetic me :)
  • Annmarie49
    Options
    welcome jamesdc.
    I too live in west lothian, have lost 67 lbs and trying to get the last 11 off......

welcome to tartan trimmers........
  • ScotinSeattle
    ScotinSeattle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    By the way. I really miss Gregg's lol
  • Annmarie49
    Options
    ahhh Greggs!!!!!! the purge of Scottish 'fat intake'!!!!!!
    love them too, sausage rolls/scotch pies and their sandwiches are fab!!!!

however, when i found out how many calories they contained (they don't publish nutritional value of their products), I was shocked. It was a TV documentary investigating the increase in obesity with Scottish children that published them and I also notice there are some of their products on the MFP database.

an occasional treat, now you mention it, can't remember the last time I had anything from them!!!
    they are fab, especially with a hangover!! lol
  • ScotinSeattle
    ScotinSeattle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I really miss my Irn Bru the most, they stopped shipping the diet stuff here too, I don't like the regular stuff.
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Hi

Im in Glasgow, just spotted this group
  • SheenaDuguid
    SheenaDuguid Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Sheena, originally from Dundee, but now living in Denny. Last year i lost over a stone - but then injured my foot and couldn't exercise for 3 months - and used this as an excuse to pig out! Anyway now have closer to 2 stone to loose now. setting myself two challenges - the falkirk race for life in May (5k) and then the strathcarron 10k in October. Want my kids to be proud of their mum.
  • hungrybunni
    hungrybunni Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm living in Ayrshire-and lovin' it. Hope I can stay cause I'm actually English.....NO BOOING PLEASE !!!! Yes I married a wonderful scots man for my sins..............got over 100lb to lose and am determined this has to be it.....:tongue:
  • hungrybunni
    Options
    mmmm yum yums.....
  • hungrybunni
    Options
    yeah it's great. even find the glutten free stuff too.....a good invention. Wish I could afford the pedometer thingy they were advertising.
  • davids122
    Options
    Hi I'm David, I'm 32 and live in East Lothian. I've got about 4 stone to lose. I'm fairly new on here and I've signed up to do pedal for scotland next month.... Feel free to add me..
  • ellie_uk
    ellie_uk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I joined about about 4 weeks ago now and am from Glasgow I much prefer counting calories to points. I love the phone app its my new best friend.
  • ekalexm
    Options
    Good to see some local support on here. I'm from East Kilbride, I joined a couple of weeks ago and (happily) off to a good start losing 11lbs. Have set a further target for beginning of October so working towards that.
  • levstein
    Options
    Hi I've been on mfp for 10 weeks and would like some Scottish friends for support and to be supported. I am 50 yrs plus so do bear that in mind. I take this journey seriously and eat healthily and exercise every day. I live in the Lothians area. Please get in touch.
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! I'm addicted to MFP - add me if you like! :smile:
  • kizzib
    Options
    Hi I'm new. I intend to kick start my diet from Sunday. Its the start of the week after all LOL

I'm just outside Glasgow.

I'm getting myself a personal trainer, I'm going to go to Zumba once a week and the gym every Sunday.

My initial goal is to lose a dress size but ultimately I'd like to lose about 2 1/2 stone.

My biggest problem is what I eat. I can't resit chocolate and take aways. So I will need lots of support to kick that habit.
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    You can still have chocolate and takeaways. You just have to factor them in, eat smarter and get enough exercise.
  • Jim_1960
    Jim_1960 Posts: 399
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Just joined Tartan Trimmers today and stay in Livingston, West Lothian.
    Think this level of support may well help motivate.

Jim
  • jiz35
    jiz35 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Add me as support if you want.