shopping

Options
steppingstones
steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
Today I went on a nice outting with a quilting buddy. We went to a couple shops in the area to check out the new fabrics and upcoming classes. I fell in love with a group of fabrics from 3 sisters and a class that was being offered. (Big bucks all around) Now I have about 6 UFO's but I was so tempted. Anyone else with this prob.

We did find a new lunch place and was able to order wisely, so my project of me worked out just fine. But now I am home and can't stop thinking about that fabric. Hmm...

Replies

• maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Fun! Mmm I love new fabrics. Every couple of months my quilt guild has a sewing day at our local fabric shop. It is a huge store with both an outside clearance sale and an inside "yard sale." The outdoor sale the designer fabric is as low as $1.50 a yard, and the inside sale it's $5/yd. Plus the whole regular store and coupons. I get in trouble every time we have a sewing day lol! But it's awesome if I've forgotten something or run out of thread or a solid or something while I'm sewing.
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I love Portland!!! When I visit my cousin, I will include a visit to the local quilt shop. Sounds spectacular. I'll ask for the name of the shop when I plan the next trip.

Do you have quilt hops in your area? Ours go from Sacramento to SanFrancisco and might take a few days for my friends and I to complete.
  • magnoliafly
    Options
    I have over 20 UFOs and several kits waiting to be assembled. I've worked on a few UFOs this year. Love quilt shopping! I visited two of them in Sarasota last Thursday and really enjoyed them.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I love Portland!!! When I visit my cousin, I will include a visit to the local quilt shop. Sounds spectacular. I'll ask for the name of the shop when I plan the next trip.

Do you have quilt hops in your area? Ours go from Sacramento to SanFrancisco and might take a few days for my friends and I to complete.

It's Fabric Depot, but yes ask again when you're here! I've never done a quilt hop, but some of the people in my quilt guild have.