1 geek wedding cake to rule them all

Options
lacroyx
lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
Yeah, I think this one trumps all others geeky themed wedding cakes out there.
171.jpg?cb5e28
211.jpg?cb5e28
35.jpg?cb5e28
7285310388_aee403eb3d_c.jpg

description: “a cascade of printed icing sheets from Harry Potter & The Goblet Of Fire all over the cake, hand sculpted sugar and chocolate models with hand painted detail (the blue haired bakers themselves), Buckbeak the hippogriff from Harry Potter, Sir Didymus and Ambrosius from Labyrinth, Ghost the direwolf and baby dragons from Game Of Thrones, Serenity/Firefly, The TARDIS from Doctor Who, Mockingjays/Jabberjays from The Hunger Games (Catching Fire cover style – blue), Toothless The Nightfury from How To Train Your Dragon and Iorek Byrnison from His Dark Materials/The Golden Compass.”

Replies

• ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    If i ever get married - i want this!
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    that is soooooo cool!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    You had me going, I was expecting a LOTR cake! :tongue:
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    You had me going, I was expecting a LOTR cake! :tongue:

Same
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

Same

I feel cheated! Mostly because, aside from Doctor Who and Firefly, I'm not so into those things.
  • vendygirl
    vendygirl Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I too was thinking LOTR cake.

I did spot Sir Didymus riding Merlin towards the top.

Damn, I didn't think to do this on our wedding cake! I got my rubber duckies on my cake which is what truly perfect for us (the rubber duckies is the unofficial mascot of Arsclan, I think. www.arsclan.net) My mother was not happy with that choice. She wasn't too thrilled I wore soccer sandals either for my wedding shoes! LOL It was all about comfort. Besides, no one sees the shoes unless you hike the dress up.
  • cathyc71
    cathyc71 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    WOW!! That is fantastic, I love it!!
    :love:
  • codapea
    codapea Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Oh, this. is. amazing. HP, Game of Thrones, the Nightfury!?! Labyrinth and His Dark Materials, for hecks sake!!!! It's my psyche from age 5 to date in a wedding cake.
  • LyssaJ1
    LyssaJ1 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Very cool! But I'd feel bad if I had to cut it :laugh:
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Yep, that cake pretty fantastically sums up geekdom... To personalize it for myself, I'd throw on an undead warlock, Darth Vader, Sally & Jack, and maybe an Evangelion and it would be perfection. :love:
  • poshcouture
    Options
    Absolutely. Love. This!!!
  • DKaye09
    DKaye09 Posts: 109
    Options
    I would be sad to have to cut this cake
  • bowties_r_cool
    bowties_r_cool Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    That is just.... WOW! I need this cake like...now. :sad: I want it!!!!
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    It's funny, I do cake decorating on the side, and my friend posted a fabulous LOTR cake picture on my facebook wall this morning. I was totally expecting that cake! Still, this cake is pretty amazing.

Edit: this is the cake to which I was referring: http://www.neatorama.com/2012/09/01/The-Cupcakes-of-Bag-End/
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'm tempted to have a Game of Thrones cake, but I think Minecraft is still winning in my head
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Oh, this. is. amazing. HP, Game of Thrones, the Nightfury!?! Labyrinth and His Dark Materials, for hecks sake!!!! It's my psyche from age 5 to date in a wedding cake.
    I didn't even see the armored bear! Oh that's SO awesome!