Blended meals

Options
maradot
maradot Posts: 95 Member
I have just started making a blender meal for breakfast, lunch and evening snack. I saw a movie called something like, Fat, Sick, and almost Dead. This man juiced for 2 months and lost a lot of weight and cured his chronic ailment. Basically it is a fruits and veges diet. But I add brown rice protein powder to my drinks, some almond milk on occasion, and some cooked veges like Japanese pumpkin .

I think I have seen a bit of an increase in the rate of my weight LOSS, and an increase in my energy level. I just keep track of my protein, my calcium, calories, sodium and potassium.

The blending is nice because it gets me out of the kitchen faster. Free to do other things, like ride my bike.

Replies

• shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    i saw that movie. if i had a good juicer i would try it as well. Keep us updated! I'm glad you are seeing good results!
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who blends his cooked meals--and after a year--he looks amazing!

I am buying the Nutri bullet---which pulverizes everything-SEEDS, PULP JUICE--but I plan to do it-- RAW--LIVE

I want to see that movie, though
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen the movie -- is there something special about blending it vs just eating it?
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    I started looking up juicing and blending and such---
    I saw this among others

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSitCq9bVMM&feature=fvwrel

As soon as I order Nutri Bullet---I will be blending meals too.
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen the movie -- is there something special about blending it vs just eating it?
    It makes it faster to eat a larger quantity of food, thereby getting more calories and nutrients from the veggies in particular, because you can eat more of them. He actually juices in the movie, not blends.
  • maradot
    Options
    It's true, you do have to watch the calories. I just like it because it makes it easier/faster to prepare a meal, eat it, and get on with
    LIFE! However, I did find out that I still need small servings of beans to keep my energy up. My sister-in-law made a great bean soup from the Forks over Knifes cookbook - wow what energy that gives, and the amazing part, is that I don't need more than a cup to feel like a million. Of course, I have to keep moving/exercising - got to keep that oxygen coming.

Its so good to find a way to feel stronger/better after a lifetime of debilitating food and life habits.

I don't thing one has to only juice, or only, blend or only eat raw. I mix it up.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I usually make a smoothie for breakfast. I did replace two meals with smoothies for a few days once and lost weight quickly. I should probably get back on that or do like 2 meals one day and one the next ect.
  • heliumheels
    heliumheels Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I watched that movie last week. It was very inspiring, but I don't think I could do it for 60 days like they did. I don't have a lot of weight to lose, so I would be afraid that it would make me too underweight. I have been trying to juice at least once a day though and also drink a green monster smoothie for breakfast. Mondays are my favorite, because that's when I go to the farmer's market to stock up on all of my vegetables and fruit to juice with :)
  • Music4Hym777
    Music4Hym777 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I do lots of blending and love it! I have been doing it for several months and can tell when I haven't had my green smoothie that day. I do fresh juices when I can, but I dont own a juicer and it gets expensive getting it from Whole Foods or Booster.
  • wild_wild_life
    Options
    I do lots of blending and love it! I have been doing it for several months and can tell when I haven't had my green smoothie that day. I do fresh juices when I can, but I dont own a juicer and it gets expensive getting it from Whole Foods or Booster.

Can any of you who do this share some of your recipes/techniques? I don't have a juicer either and would be intereterested in getting in some more veggies.
  • maradot
    Options
    1 cup cucumber
    1 1/2 cup watermelon
    1/4 head romaine
    1 banana pepper or 1/2 a green pepper
    2 stalks celery
    1 peeled carrot
    1 cup water to start the blending

Blend for a minute, let the machine rest for a minute
    Blend again for a minute, let the machine rest for a minute

Add
    1 tsp orange flavor fiber powder for extra fiber if you like
    Protein power if you like - vanilla or plain

Blend for another minute.
  • heliumheels
    heliumheels Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Breakfast smoothie I've been making this week:

1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    3 tbs vanilla spice hemp protein powder
    1 tbs ground flaxseed meal
    2 cups baby spinach
    1/2 cup frozen cherries
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries
    3-4 ice cubes

add all ingredients into a blender, blend until smooth and enjoy!
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    Green Goddess smoothie---my fav!

2 cups chopped kale--the darker the better (I use Tuscan)
    1/2 cup of spinach
    1/4 cup of parsley
    1 small frozen banana
    1 cup of frozenstrawberries
    Honey (to taste)
    ice cubes
    2 cups of vanilla soymilk-- or your favorite"milk"

Blend---makes about 6 cups
  • wild_wild_life
    Options
    Thanks -- those all sound really good!
  • NGMama
    NGMama Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Do you drink the whole green monster for one meal?
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    Green Goddess smoothie---my fav!

2 cups chopped kale--the darker the better (I use Tuscan)
    1/2 cup of spinach
    1/4 cup of parsley
    1 small frozen banana
    1 cup of frozenstrawberries
    Honey (to taste)
    ice cubes
    2 cups of vanilla soymilk-- or your favorite"milk"

Blend---makes about 6 cups

I drink a maximum of 3 large green smoothies a day! That's a little less than 6 cups--so the next day may have a a small remainder.