welcome

Options
Working together with ladies our age, may inspire us to take it off and keep it off. So we can enjoy our children,grand and great grandchildren.
Welcome any suggestions and example are needed.
thank you

Replies

• deb_jones
    deb_jones Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome. I think it's good to be in a group of women 50+. Of course, we want to look good, but I know for me it's more about staying healthy. I'm 55 and I want to hang around for a while. Carrying extra weight isn't helping that!
  • kaylace1
    kaylace1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am just starting this program and am very excited about finding something I can handle without the guilt of paying money and then giving up. I am 58 and have 4 grandkids and 2 on the way. I want to continue to play with them and be healthy enough to enjoy that. I want my husband to be proud of me. He is in great shape and wants me to be able to do more with him in the future. We are the generation that took care of our kids into adulthood and our aging parents. It's time for us to take care of ourselves.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I just turned 50 on the 4th of this month. So I guess I am officially "over 50" :)
  • AtlantaWriter
    AtlantaWriter Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on turning 50, Lyssa! You know what they say, 50 is the new 30 .... NOT! I"m no Jane Fonda! But I am a young thinker and I am trying hard to change my life for the better. Best wishes to you in all you attempt!
  • kriskerans
    kriskerans Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Good morning, I 'm a grandmother of 6, very active at my work and church, I just finish a week of VBS with 4 of my grandsons in tow each morning to church, help with there snack break, all 150 kids, took my grand boys home, went swimming, to Disneyland. As I said I'm very active, just can't seem to keep the weight off unless I follow something like this program, then I start to see the lost of inches and weight. Three days ago I took a 300 mile trip to Las Vegas to be with my mother and her 19th surgery, she is very young looking out side, but the in side is starting to show the 75 years of miles. Her back surgery went well, I came back home to work 4 days (thats my work week, we were cut back 3yrs ago) and I'm driving back up to vegas to throw a surprise birthday party for Mom,
    on Saturday, she has know idea, and would never think I would drive up two weeks in a row, so wish me a safe trip and a great surprise for my mom, she deserves it. My wish is to not be a burden to my sons, I don't want them waiting by my side with all the days in hospital, so I'm trying so hard to keep my health up. Have a wonderful day... :heart: :heart:
  • momkeena
    momkeena Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good morning, I 'm a grandmother of 6, very active at my work and church, I just finish a week of VBS with 4 of my grandsons in tow each morning to church, help with there snack break, all 150 kids, took my grand boys home, went swimming, to Disneyland. As I said I'm very active, just can't seem to keep the weight off unless I follow something like this program, then I start to see the lost of inches and weight. Three days ago I took a 300 mile trip to Las Vegas to be with my mother and her 19th surgery, she is very young looking out side, but the in side is starting to show the 75 years of miles. Her back surgery went well, I came back home to work 4 days (thats my work week, we were cut back 3yrs ago) and I'm driving back up to vegas to throw a surprise birthday party for Mom,
    on Saturday, she has know idea, and would never think I would drive up two weeks in a row, so wish me a safe trip and a great surprise for my mom, she deserves it. My wish is to not be a burden to my sons, I don't want them waiting by my side with all the days in hospital, so I'm trying so hard to keep my health up. Have a wonderful day... :heart: :heart:

How wonderful you get to go again, so soon! And won't your mom be surprised! I always have a hard time making good eating choices when I'm traveling, unless I plan ahead! Take some good snacks, and have a good trip!
  • Tobethin608
    Tobethin608 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I just started with MFP. I am 26 years into a second marriage which has given me 4 more children and 7 grandchildren. I have one biological daughter. My husband's children accepted me right from the start, (the youngest was 15). I have been overweight most of my life and I am tired of it! Hubby has had some severe health problems over the last 7 years and the stress has been way up there. On top of that we lost the oldest son to cancer 5 years ago and currently are "waiting for the call" on our oldest grandaughter (22) who has terminal brain cancer. I know this probabbly isn't the best time for most people to start, but I feel I must do this for me! I guess I found MFP because of all the positiveness on the postings. Something I definately need in my life right now. Blessings to all of you!
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this thread. It was disheartening to find myself, at 55, in the obese category, with a bum knee, aching hip joints, feeling like I was falling apart at the seams too soon. I started my journey in February this year, determined to get healthy. I know where my extra 60 lbs came from (I love salty, greasy stuff!), and all that weight was a real strain on my 5'5" frame. I'm on the downhill side of my journey with 20 lbs to go. As a (lapsed) Lifetime Weight Watcher member, I like how they tell you to concentrate on losing just 10% of your weight at a time. That broke it into small, bite-size pieces for me. Now that I'm at a size that won't punish my bones, my current challenge is to try to fit exercise in to my day in a consistent yet fun way. I just bought a pass to the local community center so I can swim but haven't quite worked up the nerve to go out in public in a bathing suit yet. Silly old woman -- like anyone will really care since no one knows me there!
  • LindaLeeL
    Options
    New to this group... I exceed the fifties but want to be with people closer to my age and understand the different challenges it presents!:brokenheart: