Devo182's Log

Options
devo182
devo182 Posts: 38 Member
This will be my daily log. I will post my calories and workout routine EACH day. If I skip more than 3 days, it is expected someone will PM me or Email me to remind me to stay the course.

My starting point is 195 lbs and my goal is 165 lbs by Christmas.
I chose a challenge by lbs because this is what most people here follow. In reality, for us guys that weight train, lbs don't mean nearly as much as bf% or waist measurements. Since bf% are always wonky and hard to nail down, I am going with waist measurements. My goal will be to lose 6.5 inches, thus ending at a 32" waist. This means I'll need to lose 1.625 inches per month for 4 months.

My email address is KikoSanchez182@yahoo.com

Thank you for anyone that joins. I will post my first official log tomorrow.

Replies

• devo182
    Options
    Sat 8-25-12

Calories: 700
    Goal: 1700

Didn't find much time to eat yesterday. Ate fairly well except using a wheat wrap and had a serving of white cheddar cheez-its.

Exercise:

Had an early workout with Insanity Cardio.
    Had a light night workout of shooting a little basketball, a few leg exercises, and 5 minutes of HiiT on a stationary bike.
  • devo182
    Options
    Sun 8-26-2012

Calories: 1500

Had a good eating day, getting in more protein. Had another wrap and some bread, so I need to cook the ground beef I have and eat some of my salmon so I can lessen carbs.

Exercise:

Did arms and back at the gym, also shot basketball while jogging in between shots, a few minutes on a stationary bike, and ~10 minutes of insanity cardio. A good day all-in-all.
  • devo182
    Options
    Mon 8-27-2012

Calories: 1600

Ate well today, though I had to go out to eat at Cheddar's. Had a tilapia with shrimp and mango salsa w/ sides of rice, green beans, and broccoli. Very proud of myself eating well while out. It was really good too!

Exercise:

Did insanity cardio dvd (~25 min) and p90x ab ripper x.
  • devo182
    Options
    Calories: 2,000
    Goal: 1,700

Ate pretty well considering I had to go out to eat again (family in town). Had a steak and rice when we went out. My sister got pizza and I had to have a piece last nite, which put me just over my goal. Overall, not so bad considering I under ate starting this out.

Exercise:

Did arms, back, and some cardio.
  • devo182
    Options
    Wed 8-29-12

Calories: 1,800
    Goal: 1,700

Ate the remaining pizza my sister left in the fridge. Overall, not the best choice of foods, but I'm happy with the calories. Have to go out to eat with her again today, so I am going to have to be on my best behavior. Eating out is never easy!

Exercise:

Insanity cardio and p90x ab ripper x
  • devo182
    Options
    Extremely busy weekend! Working all weekend, family and girlfriend all in town.

Thurs - 2,500 cals

Worked out

Fri - 2,300 cals

No exercise

1 week average - 1,770 calories
    Goal - 1,700 calories

Pretty happy for the first week. I'll post weight/measurement updates on Mon/Tues which will be 10 days.
  • devo182
    Options
    Been through an absurdly busy week and weekend. Worked all weekend, had family and everyone in town, so lots of eating out and no time for exercise. Still did pretty well given the circumstances and I'm happy to get back to routine.

Sat - 2,300 cals
    Goal - 1,700 cals

No exercise

Sun - 1,700 cals
    Goal - 1,700 cals

No exercise

Mon - 1,700 cals
    Goal - 1,700 cals

Arms/back and a bit of cardio. Doing a full cardio and abs session tonight.
  • devo182
    Options
    10 days in report

Starting - 196 lbs
    Now - 193 lbs

Waist starting - 38.3"
    Waist now - 37.5"

Pretty happy with my first 10 days results check-in. ~3/4 inch drop in waistline is roughly 4 lbs of fat loss for me, which means I regained some muscle as well. My waistline progress is ahead of schedule, I need -.58 inch per 10 days and had -.8 inch loss. Can't wait to keep going and reach my goals!
  • devo182
    Options
    I've been baad this week! I've averaged ~3,000 calories over the last 4 days! There are 6 days left in my 2nd 10-day period, so I've really got to shape up and get accountable again if I'm going to get even close to my goal. Work has really been stressing me out lately and I've fallen back into some old traps. I'm going to hold myself to my plan tonight and head straight to the gym after work then I'll come on here and report this. Hopefully this will give me the added accountability I need to follow through and not let my stressed brain talk me into gluttony :)
  • laurwillbelovely
    Options
    You can do it. I have been exactly where you are. Don't be too hard on yourself as it won't help, but remember (despite the fact it is an AWFUL cliche) that every day is 'day one' and we're all there for you!!! :happy:
  • devo182
    Options
    Wow, ran into a streak of bad luck with being sick and the passing of my grandmother. Luckily I have been good the past few days and have also worked out. Headed to the gym right now, it is day one indeed lol.