Laura's Log

Options
Am I allowed to join? I actually have 20 pounds to go?

I'm 169 cm (5,5) and weigh 66 kilograms (145pounds) at the moment and I'm aiming to lose between 6 and 10 kilograms (whatever feels comfortable to maintain!)

My biggest problem is carbs and also finding the time to exercise after moving so far away from work. I need a bit of a kick up the backside some days!!

I have been on MFP for 10 days now and have been sticking to my goal, but I really need some help maintaining this and making sure the calories are from relatively healthy foods and that I exercise enough!) My diary is available to be looked at if we're friended so please feel free to look!

Replies

• devo182
    devo182 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Sure, 20 is still a good challenge! We're more about group accountability here. Please read the "group info" thread if you have not yet. Good luck losing!
  • laurwillbelovely
    Options
    Haven't logged for a while, thanks for the reminder! Been so happy with my progress. While I haven't jumped on the scales for a few weeks (part of the challenge, do it for how I feel not just a number so only weigh once every three weeks). I have stayed under my calories goal for my entire time on MFP, even having a bit of alcohol and dessert! Yay!!!!
  • laurwillbelovely
    Options
    Today's goal
    actual calories 1375

Actually quite hungry still though.

I had a few vodkas last night celebrating (managed the drinks without compromising my goal calories, but not too healthy!!) and a late night and dehydration has made me crave greasy food all day....Stupidly had one of those weight watchers heat-up lunches and it was so high GI that it barely registered.! Was hungry straight afterwards! have a few leftover but not enough to fill me up...sigh.
  • spikedkanji
    spikedkanji Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    keep apples and maybe carrots around you all the time, and if and when you get hungry for a snack, grab one of those.
  • laurwillbelovely
    Options
    good idea!
  • laurwillbelovely
    Options
    Today's Goal: 1420, actual 1406!

Feeling rather happy this morning as I measured myself and while I don't know the weight loss (I don't own a scale except for my poor wii fit in the garage) I lost 3 cms around my waist, hips, bust and thighs, not a huge amount but an inch and a bit in 12 days without starving myself? I'm happy!
  • laurwillbelovely
    Options
    Todays calorie goal: 1420
    Actual: 1375.
    Ate a lot of healthy food today, and found the perfect low calorie filling meal for a semi-vegetarian. Oven baked sweet potato with quorn mince, pasta sauce and a salad. SOOOO filling and packed with vitamin A, C and protein.

Off to the gym for the first day in ages tomorrow, finally joined a new one after moving miles away, wish me luck!
  • laurwillbelovely
    Options
    I lost 2.3 kilos!!!
    Total loss: 2.8 so 6 whole pounds! Thrilled about it. Changed my fitness goals though and it now says I'm over my calorie goal for all previous entries. Sigh!
  • devo182
    devo182 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Sweet! Nice progress!
  • laurwillbelovely
    Options
    End of week 3.

Lost centimetres and weight and feeling pretty good, but just hoping I can reach my goal without falling into the trap of binging or putting it back on again. Finding the updated fitness profile a bit tricky at times. It's challenging that you have to keep reducing the calories as you lose weight!

Todays goal: 1400, actual 1331.
  • laurwillbelovely
    Options
    It's been 3 weeks and 2 days since I started this challenge.

This afternoon I went to the gym for the first time in ages and weighed myself on their scales. I've lost 3.7 kilograms in total. Another pound and a bit since I last lost!!

Thrilled, but really need to keep it up! The worst part is the ever decreasing calories as I keep losing! It's only a difference of 40-80 calories, but that's about one small snack less each day that I need to cut out, and I'd love to just eat and eat and eat after the gym! Fingers crossed though. 10 pounds to go!
  • spikedkanji
    spikedkanji Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You can eat a really good meal after the gym, the key is to have more protein in what you eat right after working out. Something like chicken breast and maybe a spinach salad. both high in protein and low on calories
  • laurwillbelovely
    Options
    Doing well! There's a slight plateau happening, but only slightly, I've lost an extra centimetre and a hald from everywhere, which is wonderful. I've joined a new gym so that's been really helping tone me up as I've noticed a slight element of sagginess!

I do get fairly hungry still, it's partly being a vegetarian (almost, I do eat fish) so even though I up the protein, and try and stick with wholegrains when I eat carbs, I know insulin is a factor in keeping me pretty hungry. Still working out cheap, easy vegetarian meals with lots of protein that I want to eat a lot of!!

Fingers crossed for the next weigh-in: tomorrow!

Todays goal:1508
    Actual: 1410
  • laurwillbelovely
    Options
    Lost another two centimetres which is great. No real scale changes though...Well to be honest it's hard to know as I don't own a scale and went on one at a friends house which said 62 kilos and then an hour later 65 and then an hour after 61! So who knows!

Had a massive cheat day yesterday, I haven't had one since I started on here and to be honest, it wasn't really great. My stomach hurt afterwards and felt so stodgy. But, still, one day out of 36 is fine and I've been back on to it again.

Goal: 1390
    Actual: 1305.
  • nicoleabraham
    Options
    Your body actually fluctuates up and down a LOT during the day, so no worries! It's normal. That's why doctors recommend only weighing yourself once a day and make it the same time every time you weigh yourself so it's at least somewhat comparable. (:
  • laurwillbelovely
    Options
    Back on it!

I've been really "good" this last few days after finding a "cheat" day was actually surprisingly unenjoyable!

Weight and Measurement update:
    Scale says I have lost a kilogram, (to trust the fluctuations though? Anyway, the scale says I have and It feels as if its true!).
    I've lost another 2 cms from my waist and hips
    I've lost 1cm from my thighs.
    bust and arms: no change (that's OK, keep the bust!)

Exercise update:
    I've joined the university gym, which I love a lot more than the other commercial gym I was at...
    I've also discovered vinyasa yoga and pilates, which is truly "my" exercise! Growing up I did yoga, but Hatha yoga, which is very gentle and lots of stretching, vinyasa is the perfect balance of core work, cardio and flexibility and I adore it! Gives me such a high! And intermediate pilates is AMAZING. I found abdominal muscles i didn't even know I had!

Food update:
    Been cooking at home a LOT and bringing leftovers to work and uni. Still eating incredibly healthy dinners with my one treat: the weightwatchers pudding! I have also begun "Sober October", not that I am a massive drinker but I love sparkling wine at the end of the week, but now that's off for a month to raise money for drug and alcohol counselling for children.

Most days I eat at my goal and generally I'm avaiding eating back more than 10-20% of my exercise calories. I find keeping it consistent ie best so I range between 1200 and 1500 calories. Anymore than that I feel a bit uncomfortably full, a MASSIVE change from before I started when 2000 calories seemed normal...

keep adjusting body!!

Hope you're all well!! xxx