Week 2 (8th Sept)

Options
Hello everyone. It is good to see that so many of you are getting involved in the first week’s challenge. The challenge for the second week is as follows.
Each of you will have a travelling exercise which you feel most comfortable with. This may be walking, cycling, running, etc. For this challenge, you must choose your preferred exercise, and set yourself a target distance which you wish to achieve during the week. The idea is to push yourself more than normal.
Each day you should post on the spreadsheet the distance you have done, and hopefully by the end of the week you will have reached your target. For this to work well you should set a target which is challenging but reachable.
You will again be awarded a score out of ten for your efforts, with 10 being achieving or exceeding your target and 0 being doing none at all. Once more, there will be an average team score which we should try to maximise.
Best of luck everybody.

Replies

• christinechipchase
    Options
    great challenge when can we put are targets on the spreadsheet xx
  • christinechipchase
    Options
    done it. My son starts afternoons in reception this week so I can manage 1 mile a day :) xx
  • gogonunubean
    gogonunubean Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I am excited about this one - I have been doing 30 day shred and will be moving onto level 3 this week, but I have neglected my running so I am looking forward to seeing if I can do some double workout sessions and up that burn! :happy:
  • Tristalee08
    Tristalee08 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I added 2 miles to my usual distance. I can run 15 miles in one week. Pushing to do 17 for the challenge.
  • tracy9301
    tracy9301 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    treadmill here i come. gonna try to do a mile a day or more
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Oh, great challenge! I just got a bike (I've literally rode it once so far) so I will have to think about how many miles I can get with that and running! Guess this will force the issue for me to go buy a helmet too, safety is important and part of the reason why I haven't really used my bike much yet.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,294 Member
    Options
    I love this challenge! :) I need to do more running and less treadmill! My goal is to run 30 miles for the week! :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • Baila518
    Baila518 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I love this idea. All your challenges are so inspiring and smart the way you are planning them. I like the idea of the intro to water and now push that cardio!!! The next day after the 2nd challenge is our weigh in :) Thanks for doing this.
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    How can I measure distance? D:
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options

If you are walking, you can use Google maps to find distance from one location to another.
  • RawTriGal
    RawTriGal Posts: 190 Member
    Options

If you are walking, you can use Google maps to find distance from one location to another.

You can also use mapmyride ... it's a fun way to map out your ride, walk or run and it will give you the distance. It's free. ; )
  • RawTriGal
    RawTriGal Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to put together all this for us.... it's awesome, motivating, and fun having so many folks cheering each other on!

Love this challenge.
  • jnrinwa
    jnrinwa Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Great challenge! I also use mapmywalk. I love it. :)
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options

You can also use mapmyride ... it's a fun way to map out your ride, walk or run and it will give you the distance. It's free. ; )

Thank you!
  • praskovka
    Options
    I like the new challenge!I've put my goal and can't wait to reach it :laugh:
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Mine is set... I chose walking and set a goal of 30km in the week. Most of my walks are about 5km but I have space for a couple of long ones. I need to be able to do about 15km a day for 4 days in a row by mid-October anyway!!!

Won't have much time for swimming next week, with fencing as well, but I get at least one swim in and I will soon be ditching gym for the sea anyway!!!
  • AbiCusPeck
    AbiCusPeck Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Can general daily steps be counted? I use a pedometer and also do 3 spin sessions a week, 2 yoga and one step?!
    Not sure if I could fit in another session, I might keel over :)
  • Breadbar
    Breadbar Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Too late to join ?
  • Andreake08
    Andreake08 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Logged!!! And also registered in Map My Ride... :D
  • Charlottina
    Charlottina Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Too late to join ?