s7

Options
caraiselite
caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
still waiting for it to be uploaded to one of the many tv show hosting sites.. it was on hours ago for you brit types, and still not posted anywhere i can see for us americans/canadians/whatever.

i'm getting antsy here :P

Replies

• krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Two more hours...sigh. At least I can watch reruns until then!
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Quite good.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    okay it was finally posted on my download site.. i really like jenna as an actress!
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Nice premier. I love a good Dalek episode.
  • MemphisGirl75
    MemphisGirl75 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Enjoyed it. I never "expect" a profound or life-changing episode, so I'm not disappointed LOL
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i really liked it.
  • AngryDiet
    Options
    Loved the Carmen theme. I suspect there's a fair bit of foreshadowing there.
  • misspenfold
    misspenfold Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed it a lot. I'm not usually a fan of the dalek episodes but the whole asylum angle added something extra. Loved Rory and the "eggs...stir...min...eight!" (but then I love Rory!).

I didn't quite understand the point of having Amy and Rory divorcing, especially as it was resolved so quickly. I mean, they could have had the same conversation, that Rory is the more loving one so will resist longer, without that. I am assuming that will be revisited at some point...
  • AngryDiet
    Options
    The relationship difficulties sub plot was poorly conceived and written. Far too rushed to have any emotional impact.

But otherwise the episode was excellent.
  • NuttyCake
    NuttyCake Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed it a lot. I'm not usually a fan of the dalek episodes but the whole asylum angle added something extra. Loved Rory and the "eggs...stir...min...eight!" (but then I love Rory!).

I didn't quite understand the point of having Amy and Rory divorcing, especially as it was resolved so quickly. I mean, they could have had the same conversation, that Rory is the more loving one so will resist longer, without that. I am assuming that will be revisited at some point...
    The relationship difficulties sub plot was poorly conceived and written. Far too rushed to have any emotional impact.

But otherwise the episode was excellent.

I agree with you both.

...Except with the lack of emotional impact AngryDiet, I found myself tearing up but that has a lot to do with the fact that I'm finding it hard parting with the Ponds. Especially Rory ♥ I found it bearable when Rose left, hard, yet bearable. Martha left but that was her choice, and Donna was hard to deal with as well because you felt her pain of knowing that she going to go back to her life as if nothing had happened and she wouldn't even remember all the amazing things she had done. But with the Ponds it's not even their relationship with the Doctor that I'm going to miss. It's their relationship with each other.

Anyway, I've really tried to refrain from bad mouthing Moffat when other Whovians have mentioned his writing style, but I'm afraid my good opinion of him is starting to change for the worse :( I'm sorry, I know that is a touchy subject to some people.

Also I have a question, and this may be completely obvious to some, but why when Oswin was talking did she sounds like herself up until the point the Doctor walked into the room? If she was a Dalek the entire time and even sounded like a Dalek, why up until the moment he walked in was she able to communicate in her own voice?
  • AngryDiet
    Options
    I think the idea is that the voice they heard on the various speakers was generated, so it sounded like her voice used to because she was deluded about her state. The voice coming out of the casing was the standard modulation because that's what they all sound like, with standard hardware.

I really felt like S5 was a masterpiece, while S6 fell off the rails. It still had great moments of course, but the pacing was so much better in 5. I'm hopeful that S7 backs off a bit and we return to the S5 magic. But introducing marital strife in a webisode and then resolving it in the very first ep of the season isn't really very promising. On the other hand, a new companion and the retcon of the daleks (essentially continuing to free themselves of the writing from last season) at least suggests the possibility.

But!! Even if 7 is at the level of 6, it's still some of the best television going, so I wont be complaining.