Neighborhood rider

Options
maradot
maradot Posts: 95 Member
I know this is not earth-shattering but I increase my ride from 45 minutes to 70 minutes last evening.
Boy oh boy, my knee joints felt loose today and by rump muscles felt like they could crack walnuts.

Replies

• TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I started out with 5-10 minute rides around the neighborhood, and I just broke 57 miles a week or so ago. Keep it up! It doesn't get easier, you just go faster...
  • firedenswife2012
    firedenswife2012 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You both inspire me. I look forward to the day I can go far on my bike. I am up to 3.5 miles right now each day. Keep up the good work.
  • Gapwedge01
    Options
    Awesome! I started out with 5-10 minute rides around the neighborhood, and I just broke 57 miles a week or so ago. Keep it up! It doesn't get easier, you just go faster...

If your bike is fitted properly it does in fact get easier and the miles will increase. Proper saddle height, reach to handle bars, and and a bike size that fits your build are all musts if you plan on enjoying the endless miles of cycling.
  • sherwinnelson
    sherwinnelson Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great job on the increase! I was getting uncomfortable around 50-60 minutes. I changed my saddle and went for a new bike fit. This was the first since when I first bought the bike. My average ride is two hours now. I just completed 4 hours. My feel on the bike at the end of that ride was better than after the 60 minute ride before the new saddle and bike fit. Small adjustments make a big difference.