Mid-week check in!

Options
How is everyone doing so far?

I'm doing pretty good. The water challenge is easy for me. Tonight though, we are taking my small group girls at church to get frozen yogurt. I'm still contemplating on eating some. I might just get a bowl and fill it with fruit!

Replies

• berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    This week is going great so far -- water is always easy for me as well - I usually drink 100oz at work alone!!!! :)

I also have done really well with eating and exercising this week!!! I desparately needed it after a long weekend in VEGAS!!!!

Tonight I am meeting up with friends for happy hour -- but we are going at 7 so that I can exercise and make my own dinner before I head to the bar! Then I will allow myself one beer but not feel tempted to eat naughty food!!! whooooooooo!
  • abadaba
    Options
    Doing well- and I agree, water is no issue for me--I'm practically a fish!!! Lots of exercise planned this week, so hoping for good things on the scale this weekend (my WI is on Saturdays)
    Looking forward to what's coming next!

Good luck to all!
  • mom2boys3
    mom2boys3 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am doing well this week. I often forget to drink my water, and this challenge has really helped me get back into it. I always notice how much easier weight loss is when I am properly hydrated, as it helps flush the system. Since my weigh-in on Saturday, I am already down 2.5lbs, and the only change I have really made is the water, and being a little more conscious of my calories.
  • jamacattack
    jamacattack Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing so far?

I'm doing pretty good. The water challenge is easy for me. Tonight though, we are taking my small group girls at church to get frozen yogurt. I'm still contemplating on eating some. I might just get a bowl and fill it with fruit!

I'm doing ok... I had one day where I was 1 cup shy so I had to put in the "0". Don't want to do that again! I'm sick, but pushing through! Kara... I say eat a little frozen yogurt- one splurge won't do you in AND we all deserve a little something good here and there! :drinker:
  • ellehcimyelhsa
    Options
    The water is super easy for me! I'm nursing my daughter, so I need a lot! I usually get 14-18 glasses a day no problem. Sometimes I forget to log them though lol.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Doing well so far! I usually don't have a problem getting 8 glasses of water in on weekdays but weekends I usually get maybe half that. Having this challenge helped me get all the water in over the weekend so I'm pretty happy about that. I've been sticking to my 30DS routine, which I started on 9/1, as well so I'm happy about that too.

The only thing that sucks is I seem to have gained slightly- I've been working out, drinking 10+ cups of water a day, and staying under my cals but I have heard that starting exercise can cause a gain at first because your muscles start retaining extra water, and this is the first week I've worked out in months. Trying not to worry but it's frustrating.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    im doing well with water, not as well with food, and im feeling bad so excersise is hit and miss.

but yay water!!
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    i seem to swing from one extreme to the other... 8 is either easy or i find myself going to bed having had just 2! :o! i always get a bit angry with myself on those days :( not because i have to pop a 0 but because i have a friend who has serious health problems because they never drank enough water and yet i still dont manage it *sigh*
    i am going to do it today though :D
    x
  • gogonunubean
    gogonunubean Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    So Far so good! I always try and drink a lot of water, so I get my 64 oz in before lunch usually.

I am also really motivated. I logged my low weight a few months back when I had a bad hangover and didn't realize how dehydrated I was. Of course, next day the scale jumped back up 3 lbs and hasn't moved for 2 months. I have been losing inches so I am not worried about it, but finally this month the scale started moving and I am almost back to my low weight....I am really hopeful about meeting my goal for this challenge!
  • abagwill
    Options
    This weeks challenge is great for me! I needed something to keep me motivated to drink my water because I forget or turn to Diet Soda. My ultimate goal is to cut Diet soda out completely (like I did when I was pregnant) and just keep to water! <3
  • Inrequia
    Inrequia Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm doing pretty well. The water thing is a no brainer for me, and I've been exceeding an hour a day of exercise so far this week. I hope I can keep it up!
  • dvelocity
    dvelocity Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    The water challenge is pretty easy for me. I am looking forward to next weeks challenge as that might be a little bit harder for me. Sometimes I slack off on the exercise and especially since next week I have a couple of days that I am going to have to leave the house MUCH earlier than normal. I typically workout in the morning.
  • LucilleHighball
    LucilleHighball Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    The water is easy, but now I am focusing on having a full glass before eating anything. It tends to reduce my hunger, which is great!
    I am nervous about a birthday dinner tomorrow night for a friend. The restaurant is notorious for their garlic knots, which I am guessing are 150 cal/each. Going to work out early and drink lots of water before we get to the restaurant.
  • dnvrgurl
    dnvrgurl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Doin well with the water challenge and looking forward to next week's challenge!
  • emilye72
    emilye72 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Doing ok.. Started to work out again on the 27th of August. Took last wednesday off, and today as well. But I am getting at least 6 days of exercise in still, and on Monday I did doubles. Just taking it slow so far, trying to eat as healthy as possible, and still hoping for that 2 pounds weight loss a week. Was up a pound this morning, but I don't know why, so hoping saturday mornings weigh in is better.
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I'm getting sick of water, lol! Actually, my tummy is getting sick of water. >.< I've done a little better food-wise this week, and exercise is going well. I need to get back to 30DS, though since I took a break between Saturday and now (my one knee got really messed up). I just want something that's chocolate! I'm trying to resist since there's cake next week for my dad's birthday, but my sweet-tooth in kicking in terribly!
  • cjvvus
    cjvvus Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    doing well with the water. i normally drink 8 glasses a day. starting to slow down a little with the exercise so looking forward to next weeks challenge.
  • quiltingducky
    quiltingducky Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I had my 1-week weigh in since starting last Wednesday and I am down 4 pounds, so this week so far is going well for me. I suck at drinking the right amount of water, and I still haven't really gotten myself into any regular form of exercise, just little bits here and there.
  • roguestates
    Options
    I've done well on the water front, but ate a bit too much while on holiday this past weekend. Getting back on track, though.
  • GrammaBonnie
    GrammaBonnie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm doing good on the water. Haven't recorded it all yet, but I haven't missed a day yet. It's a little struggle, but I've made it. Most nights at bedtime I find I still have a cup left to pound down ... and I usually have to wake up to pee it off! I'm trying to plan it better!

I've had some more leg pain in the last few days. My physical therapist thinks it's a pinched nerve ... probably from the pushup challenge that I've been doing. :( I see a (new) chiropractor tomorrow. Hopefully it's nothing major. I haven't felt that I can do much exercise wise for a while. My mind wants to, but my body isn't cooperating.

I've been struggling with eating more calories than I think I should be eating. However, the scale seems to like it. I'm going to try to eat more, and see if I can still loose.

I. Will. Not. Give. Up.