Joining in

Options
Hello,
I have been on the weight loss path for 1.5 years. The first year I lost 90lbs and have been stuck since wavering with my committment. I have 40 more pounds to lose and would love to join a group with common goals for support and I would love to have 30lbs of my goal done by Christmas!

I am a 42yo female, 5'4", currently at 195lbs

Replies

• devo182
    devo182 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great to have you friend. Please read the "group info" thread if you have not already. Good luck and happy losing!
  • Crpendergrass
    Options
    Finished working the last couple nights and now I have to wait until tonight to go to bed...this is the hardest day to stay on track. I have kept within my 1200 calories for the last 5 days, but need to get back to the gym. It's so hard when I am tired.
  • devo182
    Options
    For me it was all about just getting back into the gym that first time to get things started. I don't know if you normally work out at night or morning, but you may try the opposite of what you normally would do.
  • Crpendergrass
    Options
    I drop my kids at school in the morning and go to the gym right away. If I don't go then...I don't go. I have had a great full week, which lately is fantastic. I have kept within my calorie goal of 1200 and gym at least three times in the week. I hope to increase the gym to 4 days min from here on out! I plan to do cardio 3/week and weights 2/week. The off days I plan to do home stretching/strengthening stuff with bands/ropes/etc. Hope everyone else is doing well!

Only problem I am having is that I am hungry...hoping that this feeling will pass.
  • devo182
    Options
    If you are feeling hungry, try starting your day off with lots of protein and try to eat some every meal, it will keep you satiated longer.
  • Crpendergrass
    Options
    Continue to stay within my calories...unfortunately sick child staying home from school kept me from the gym, but am going to do "home work" after they are all in bed tonight. Hopefully my son will be better for the long weekend as we'd like to get out of town and the heat! I need to find some more interesting proteins that are on the lower end of calories...
  • Crpendergrass
    Options
    Went out to eat for the first time since starting and did pretty well. No alcohol, no rice or beans, and stuck with the green chili pork with no tortilla...hanging in there. Down 2 lbs!
  • devo182
    Options
    Proteins with low calories definitely sounds like seafood! Tuna is cheap and easy on-the-go if you like it. I love the packets of tuna with a little pepper or red pepper. Sometimes I'll even mix in a Laughing Cow triangle of spreadable swiss cheese (~30 cals). The packets of tuna are only 80 cals. If that's not your taste, then salmon or any other fish will do I'm sure. I love salmon with some lemon juice squeezed over top and pepper. So good, quick to cook and even using some olive oil will make it ~150 calories total. Usually if I make seafood one of my meals for the day, there is hardly a way I can go over my calorie goal, I would have to be quite bad at night to do so. (or ate the fish from a restaurant).
  • Crpendergrass
    Options
    Finally got moving at the gym again...yesterday was a mile swim and today was 45min on the treadmill and 30min of strengthening...must keep moving. Had a margarita at dinner last night...threw me over for calories. No more that's for sure. It's not worth it.
  • Crpendergrass
    Options
    Motivation is pretty much gone...I've been sick and now that I am getting better I have no desire, will, motivation, etc...help!
  • nicoleabraham
    Options
    I am a Pinterest-aholic. Whenever I am in need of motivation, I always go there to find great quotes or inspiring pics! Here's my favorite, maybe it'll help inspire you too!

"When you're about to have a bite of that cookie or those chips or that pizza, DON'T ask yourself, 'Do I really want to eat this?' because it's chips, it's a cookie, it's pizza. OF COURSE you want to eat it. Ask yourself, 'Will this help me reach my goals?' Will it make you stronger, faster, healthier? Think positively. Think of tomorrow's workout. Think of your next weigh-in. Put food in your body that will help accomplish your goals. You can do it!"

You might just need to sit down and really think about why you're trying to lose weight. Make a list of all the reasons you want to look good, and even look up some of the benefits of losing weight. Hopefully that'll be enough to get you back on track! Keep trying and don't give up, you can totally do this!!