Week 1 Discussion

Options
This is where we can talk all about week one. What is going on in our lives and how our days are going. You can post daily or whenever you feel like it!

Replies

• khein33
    Options
    Well, so far today has been going alright. I'm @ work and have limited access to foods. I'm STARVING though as I didnt plan well and didn't bring much to eat on a 10 hour work day. I get off in a little over an hour. Hoping to not go crazy when I get home and stick within my carbs & calorie goals.

I hope everyone has a great labor day weekend!
  • Losing2Live1989
    Losing2Live1989 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    @khein33
    that does sound kinda hard. I wish you the best luck when you get home.
  • Losing2Live1989
    Options
    Day One

Today has gone pretty good. I didn't over eat. Stayed on top of my goals. One workout day down thirty more to go! I can so do this! Hope everyone else had a good day one!
  • robinhoward123
    robinhoward123 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Doing pretty good, get to go food shopping tomorrow. Any ideals on so good food to get?
  • Losing2Live1989
    Options
    @robin
    Load up on the fresh fruits and veggies...Stay away from the bad foods, if you don't buy them then good chance you wont have them in the house to eat when you want them!
  • Losing2Live1989
    Options
    Day Two...
    Went pretty good. I stayed up late last night so I ended up eating toast at 3 am...went to church then came home and took a nap...wasn't feeling the gym but forced myself to go...so happy that I did...two workout day down, twenty-nine more to go.
  • Leslieheindel
    Leslieheindel Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    just got done dealing with hurricane Isaac... finally got power and internet restored! I have been sweating a lot the past few days, but not because of working out!
  • Journey2Heaven
    Journey2Heaven Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I didn't get to work out yesterday. I really meant to get up early again but Saturday nights me and the kids dod a movie and sty up late. Sunday mornings/afternoons are church and then we had a family BBQ. Everyone didn't leave until 11pm and then I passed out. I did stay in my calorie range. Thank goodness for grilled chicken. It was so tempting to eat the cupcakes, chips and dip but I restrained myself. I had a bit of motivation. My cousin came who has recently lost 30-40lbs and he looks great. I wish I had a before and after picture. I asked him what was the key for him to losing weight and he said "cardio, cardio, cardio", which is now my motto and motivation. He is jogging 4 to 5 miles up and down hills so I am sure he can do so much more on flat land. I admire him and wish to achieve the same goals. With him in front of me yesterday, it gave me strength to remain on track.
  • robinhoward123
    robinhoward123 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Doing good today, I got a lot of great food yesterday. And got some great deal. Usually don't buy fresh fish, (Just buy the one it the box) but I got some for under 2 dollars. So made my day. And far as exercising I've been deep cleaning one room a day.
  • hunters_mom_519
    Options
    Les see.... I have not been doing well as we had bbq's all weekend long and i completely did not think about the diet and aenjoyed all the good food. However, i did do better today and still have 99 calories left and i have not worked out at all. after coming back from the trip and looking at all of the pics with no difference shown to me i have been in a really day slump. I have completely stopped going to work out at the gym and let the membership lapse... not in a good place about my weight right now. I am really praying that this is the thing that i need to get back on track for good.
  • RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Day 5 - really been focused these past couple of days. I think it finally sunk in that I am truly tired of starting and restarting, losing 5 pounds only to regain it.

Last week I made a HUGE step as far as my health was concerned and today is day 8th that I have not given in so if I can do that.....I can lose this weight!!!
  • kymberlin
    kymberlin Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Having a really bad couple of days. Had a great Saturday, Started 30 day shred, kicked my butt. I did stepper and cleaned. Went to drive in with my husband and made decent choices. Sunday we went kayaking. My parents got me an inflatible two person kayak for my birthday. Apparently I didn't seal it well and there was a slow leak. We had gone about 2 miles and we were slowly sinking. Decided to get out and try to blow it back up. I rolled out, very graceful. My husband thought he could pop up. Threw his back out. Was awful. He has been hobbled since. Had to take him to the walk in clinic yestarday. My back had been sore but not unbearable. While waiting for my husband my back started spasming. Had to take some of his pain pills. My eating has been out of control. And of course no exercise. Well Monday before work I did a moderate ten minute walk to try and loosen up. Feeling better now, So gonna try either the bike or just some stepping later. Will not make my first weeks goal, but I'm not giving up.
  • Journey2Heaven
    Journey2Heaven Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've had a not so great last two days as well when it comes to exercising. I've been staying up entirely too late and just can not get up before work to get my workout in. I made a commitment to get my butt in bed tonight by 10pm so I can get up.
  • chelseyadel
    chelseyadel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    First week has gone great! I'm always the most motivated at the beginning though so we'll see if I can keep it up.
    Bought almost all fruit & veggies. It's been pretty fun playing around with recipes! I think spaghetti squash and I will be good friends!
    I've excersized everyday too!

Only problem I've come across is getting to 1200 calories believe it or not! I was so used to eating processed food, fast food ect and struggling to get under 1500. Now that I've switched to fresh produce and such I find I have so much left over to hit my minumum but I feel like I'm eating ALL day!
  • crocal
    Options
    Well I've been really good all week and exercised daily. Made the fatal error of stepping on the scales mid week only to find I was 2.5lb heavier than last Saturday :-(

So I'm hoping I will at least be back to our first weigh in wt this weekend. If not I'll have to reduce my calorie target to 1200 as I've been aiming for 1400

I will not be giving up though and am still smiling :-)))
  • HellySuccess
    HellySuccess Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I worked out on Monday, and have been shirking ever since! Have been for a couple of short walks, but not the work up a sweat type of workout.

We have a cross country ski machine that I love, and I plan to get on it when I get home today. Will report later whether I stuck to my good intentions, lol.
  • titanium2012
    Options
    Well I've been really good all week and exercised daily. Made the fatal error of stepping on the scales mid week only to find I was 2.5lb heavier than last Saturday :-(

So I'm hoping I will at least be back to our first weigh in wt this weekend. If not I'll have to reduce my calorie target to 1200 as I've been aiming for 1400

I will not be giving up though and am still smiling :-)))

I've experienced something similar. I was working out all week and was actually under my calorie goal many days this week and the scale did not go down at all. Don't get discouraged. You are not alone. I am actually going to try to eat more next week, but definitely eat differently.
  • crocal
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement, its good to know its not just me. Maybe we've laid down some muscle, which weighs heavier than fat?
  • HellySuccess
    HellySuccess Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday, everyone!

I was getting a bit down on myself last night, after a poor first week of not enough exercise, and suddenly the last line of "Gone With the Wind" popped into my head: "After all, tomorrow is another day." So here I am with renewed commitment!

Here's to a great Week 2.
  • berry83sweet
    berry83sweet Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I was out of town this past week. I am not weighing in until sat. I would be happy -2lbs. I was 179 at the dr in august. Im buying a scale asap, no more denial!
This discussion has been closed.