Your Exercise Routine?

Options
What do you like to do for exercise on a weekly basis?

Replies

• steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Katie,

Before you buy an expensive piece of equipment, spend some time trying it out. Finding something that doesn't stress you out and you can commit to - is a difficult decision.

What I do is this... After knee surgery, the recumbent bike was part of my rehab. I just really liked doing it (Many find it boring) and I bought a really good quality one and it has been so worth it. I do that every day for usually 30 minutes. Then , I take a short 15 minute walk with my hubby. I ,also, do a variety of dvd exercise programs which I fit in during the day. I buy them from Collage where I can view them online. Or get them at Target, etc. I usually check them out from the library and try them out before I purchase them. Right now I have plantar faciitis and so am only biking and stretching.
    Hope that helps.
    Mady
  • AinsliePeyton
    Options
    monday, thursday, and friday are elliptical days. tuesday is weights and treadmill. wednesday and sunday are off, and saturdays are mowing the lawn and running. I intermittantly trade out the elliptical for running or the bike.
    the husband and I are looking into getting insanity and doing that. No equipment required!!
    I really love the elliptical - no impact to my joints. Running's hard because my ankles roll all the time.
  • magnoliafly
    Options
    Ok well I'm back at the gym now. Since traffic is going to get awful when school gets back in session I figure I can work out at the USF gym instead of sitting in traffic for 30-45 minutes.

Did 30 minutes of HIIT on the elliptical today - omg it was brutal. But I did it!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I do a combination of dancing games on the Wii, and working out on my Pilates bench, treadmill, elliptical, and bodyrow. Or at least I do those things in theory, lately it's only been dancing and Pilates :) My brother also just bought me a bike, but I haven't ridden in about 12 years, so it's proving kind of rough building up any kind of stamina.
  • momkoz
    momkoz Posts: 6
    Options
    I don't have any plan. However, since we moved, after living 32 years in our starter house, just walking around my new house seems to be doing the trick, heh. My evil grown health Ed daughters helped us move. They decided that all the stuff I use daily needs to be in the basement. So I've been doing stairs, ugh. I want to sew? Or play WOW? Down the stairs. >.<
    I fooled them. I sit on my iPad now in the kitchen, haha.
    Seriously, ive made an effort to be more active during the day. Housework, ick, stuff like that. Next summer, I will be hitting the outside, working in my yard. My new house needs some TLC on the outside too. So i get work done, then reward myself with either sewing or gaming.
    Sorry. I wish I could have said I was a gold member of golds gym, haha. But my daughter used to date the owner and I can't stand him, ha.
    If I had any advice, I would say that if you sweat washing the dishes or folding laundry, then you are exercising. Don't tell my evil grown health Ed daughters I said that, tho, ha.
  • momkoz
    Options
    I created three new forms of exercise. Vacuuming, mopping and sweeping with a broom! Ha
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Now that school is starting again my schedule is changing. My 4yo nephew and I will walk the 6yo to school. After we come home I'll put a show on for him, dance around while doing the dishes, and then we'll play a dancing game on the Wii. In the afternoon I work online and then when I'm relaxing in the evening watching tv I can do my pilates machine. My mom also wants me to put together a little circuit workout for us to do on our various machines, so I think we'll start out doing 10 minutes on each and rotating (treadmill, elliptical, bodyrow, pilates chair).
  • magnoliafly
    Options
    My new routine is weight training 1-2 times a week and cardio in between 2-3 times. Trying to get to the gym at least three times a week now. The weight training sessions leave me pretty sore for a day or two afterwards.
  • wish2okc
    Options
    I walk for an hour every day and have recently started lifting some light weights and doing leg raises. Love my morning walk. Weights, not so much.