New to this group

Options
Hi! I have been on MFP for seven months now. Yes, I have only lost 16 pounds in that time. So many factors at work against me here.
I have an underactive thyroid (hashimotos) that I have been dealing with for 18 years.
I was diagnosed in May with Degenerative disc and joint disease in my spine.
I was just recently diagnosed with rhuematoid arthritis as well and fibromyalgia.
I am pretty sure I have been having a flare all summer...just not sure from what lol.
On quite a bit of meds now...not sure if any of it is working. Can't get my rheumatoid meds because they are out of them at our pharmacies.
Supposed to get a cortizone injection in my back sometime this week I hope.
It has been about a month since I last did a workout.
I have been in too much pain.
It is discouraging to say the least, but I am determined to keep losing weight and getting healthy.
Not just for myself but for my kids. Well...I suppose if I do it for myself, it will also be for my kids because it will only positively effect them.
I am still able to get around good for the most part...just stiff and sore in the morning first thing, then again at night when I go to bed.
My back starts hurting about mid afternoon pretty good. That is usually when I take my pain killers.
I try not to over do it once I take them, because I find that is easy to do, then you pay for it later.
It is difficult to find that balance...especially being so new to all of it. I feel like I am too young for all of this to be happening and I feel like it has hit so hard so quickly.
I am trying to stay positive and keep going. It would be so easy to just give up and not do anything...but that is not me. I will deal with this. I will try not to get down and depressed. I will keep my head up and keep focused. :-)
Feel free to friend me.

Replies

• raetonycass
    raetonycass Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I hear your pain. I have fibromyalgia and arthritis. It can be very depressing, discouraging and painful. I am 39 and I feel I am way to young to have such pain. I have lived with fibro pain for probably 15 yrs only diagnosed in Dec 10. At night it gets so bad that I can't walk unassisted. It royally sucks. You are absolutely right about not overdoing it. When I have a good day I just want to do all the things I have been denied but that only leads to more trouble. One day at a time though. One day at a time.
  • Pooh1981
    Pooh1981 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I also have arthritis, degenerative disc disease, scoliosis and a bunch of other crap! I was diagnosed at 18 am now 30 and am trying my hardest to lose the weight also I have been on here for 5 months and so far no weight loss! Not that I am not trying just a little harder to get up and get going everyday! Please feel free to add me I log everyday and also am constantly encouraging everyone on my friends list!
  • queueplay
    Options
    Don't have much to say other than "Hi!" And "Me, too!" But I was driven to post here cause of the OP nickname and the responder just before me.

When I was in college I fell in with a crowd of silly folks who had all taken nicknames from Winnie-the-Pooh books. By the time I found them they'd grown large enough that all the names were in use, which was just as well as I'd had a useful nickname for a while by then. But my best friend from scouting was Tigger, and she and I got an apartment together with her boyfriend Woozle, and another mutual friend of theirs, Wizzle.

College relationship drama happened, but Wizzle and I have been married for nearly 24 years. Yay for Winnie-the-Pooh!
  • Pooh1981
    Pooh1981 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Don't have much to say other than "Hi!" And "Me, too!" But I was driven to post here cause of the OP nickname and the responder just before me.

When I was in college I fell in with a crowd of silly folks who had all taken nicknames from Winnie-the-Pooh books. By the time I found them they'd grown large enough that all the names were in use, which was just as well as I'd had a useful nickname for a while by then. But my best friend from scouting was Tigger, and she and I got an apartment together with her boyfriend Woozle, and another mutual friend of theirs, Wizzle.

College relationship drama happened, but Wizzle and I have been married for nearly 24 years. Yay for Winnie-the-Pooh!

That is so cute! I have the nickname Pooh ever since the day I was born! My Dad called me his little Pooh even before I had an actual name lol and I guess it has stuck for 30 years! All of my friends and family call me Pooh so that it is kind of precocious but it is me!
  • Daydreams406
    Daydreams406 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I hear your pain. I have fibromyalgia and arthritis. It can be very depressing, discouraging and painful. I am 39 and I feel I am way to young to have such pain. I have lived with fibro pain for probably 15 yrs only diagnosed in Dec 10. At night it gets so bad that I can't walk unassisted. It royally sucks. You are absolutely right about not overdoing it. When I have a good day I just want to do all the things I have been denied but that only leads to more trouble. One day at a time though. One day at a time.

We are totally too young for all of this! I feel cheated somedays and just wonder, "why me?". But I TRY not to think to much like that because it can drag you down really fast. So I try to remain positive. We have to. I love to laugh and have fun and joke. It makes everything seem less daunting. I added you :flowerforyou:
  • Daydreams406
    Options
    I also have arthritis, degenerative disc disease, scoliosis and a bunch of other crap! I was diagnosed at 18 am now 30 and am trying my hardest to lose the weight also I have been on here for 5 months and so far no weight loss! Not that I am not trying just a little harder to get up and get going everyday! Please feel free to add me I log everyday and also am constantly encouraging everyone on my friends list!

I got your friend request. :smile: Just keep plugging away. I lost the weight I did doing the Jillian Michaels workout DVD's. I am hoping that I will be able to get back to them. If I get some meds that help some of the pain go away.
    I want to lose at least 35 more pounds. I can do it! I will do it! It may take me longer than others but I will get there.
    That is one of the harder things to deal with I think...watching others lose weight at a faster pace than you. But I try not to think about it...like a lot of things lol...it is too easy to get discouraged in this quest to get healthy. Especially when it feels like everything is working against you. Anyway...lets get healthy! :smile:
  • Daydreams406
    Options

Hahaha! :laugh: I have used the nick name woozle for at least 15 years now. My oldest son was a big Pooh fan when he was little. I loved the name, because it made me smile. We even had a Winnie the Pooh toy set that came with a Woozle! LOL