Got Vintage?

Options
Gilbrod
Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/30/gamestop-planning-vintage-game-sales

If you still have the system to play them on, what pre-PS2, Gamecube, Xbox games would you want? If I could get my hands on a cheap Neo Geo and Cross Swords, I will spend my money.

Replies

• Exill
    Exill Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'd buy SNES games, definitely. When I was a kid, we only got a new game every year so we never had very many (unlike now where I buy a new one like every month and I have so many I can't even find the time to play them all). I'd buy Illusion of Gaia and Breath of Fire 2! And probably Wild Arms for PS1.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    GOLDENEYE!!! I have the 64 and 4 controllers. :)
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I still got my copy of Chrono Trigger on the SNES and a working SNES.
  • elrickis1337
    elrickis1337 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    i love my SNES emulator cause i lost all my games i use to have when my basement flooded :( (still miss playing Lufia 2 with an actual controller though) but i wish i could get my hands on a bunch of PS1 games like lunar SSSC, Vagrent story, Chrono Cross, ohhh i wish i never sold them :(
  • gbromage
    Options
    I was cleaning out some old boxes last week and found my Commodore 64 - hope the floppies have aged ok. :)

On a related note, totally looking forward to Carrier Command: Gaea Mission coming out next month. I loved the original version.
  • Exill
    Exill Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Videogames are just one of those things I don't sell, so I still own all of mine. Had to get a new AC adapter for my SNES and it was a beautiful thing to see FF6 pop up on screen.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    How fun! I still have NES, SNES and 64. Not sure what I would buy, but I would definitely buy some! I also want a Game Boy Color because I just got Zelda Oracle of Seasons to play, the only Zelda (well along with Oracle of Ages) that I haven't played.
  • poshcouture
    Options
    My N64 - Golden Eye, Ocarina of Time, Mario Kart
    My Gamecube (it's somewhere) - The Simpsons Road Rage (guilty pleasure), Mario Kart, Zelda: The Wind Waker,
    I broke my GB Advance earlier this year - but if I still had it I'd want Mega Man Anniv. Collection
  • mightymom2
    mightymom2 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    i still have the original nintendo :happy: ....MARIO BROS. all the way
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I'm from the UK, and I haven't seen a Gamestop at all. Gamestation used to sell older games and consoles, but then GAME took over and then it was just another GAME store with the Gamestation store design.

I used to own a SNES as a kid, but only had SMW and DKC. I would rent games from Choices a couple of times a month.
    We sold a long time ago, not long after the PS1 was released here and got that. We used to just sell everything at the time lol.

I don't sell my stuff now though. I have a PAL and NTSC SNES, a NES, Atari 2600, N64, PSOne and an Amiga 1200. My uncle was clearing out his closet and found the Amiga 1200 and gave it to us with like 50+ games. Managed to clean it up, get it up and running my HDTV and had a little fun playing some Dune. Sadly, the mouse had no ball and I couldn't think what to use except for my fingers lol. Will get a new mouse ball at some point.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process of collecting the old games

I have

30+ SNES games
    60+ NES games
    15+ N64 games
    20+ Gameboy(color,regular and advance)
    5 Sega Genesis games

I got all the covers printed at my friends printing shop and put them all in universal cases, they look pretty slick in my bedroom lol
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    It would be cool if they sold import systems/games. I can never have enough Super Famicom carts.

On the other hand, it'd probably be a good thing if they didn't. :tongue:
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I still have my Sega CD and Genesis. I never sold those at all. But if I could find a copy of Snatcher and Popful Mail for the Sega CD on the cheap, I would be thrilled. Especially now that I have a composite connection instead of coaxial. I only sold most my games during the Gamecube/PS2 era. Oh how I wish I never sold/traded my copies of Eternal Darkness, Cubivore and Ikagura.
    Speaking of TV/System connections, has anyone successflly ever tried one of these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/S-Video-Composite-Ypbpr-RCA-to-HDMI-Converter-AV-Adapter-R-L-Audio-1080P-/320963628645?forcev4exp=true

This would make me happier if I found out it works.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Heres old school for you..
    I have 2 nintendos 2 dreamcast a super nintendo a nintendo 64 a gamecube (my sega broke :cry: ) I also have a Wii and a playstation 3..

There is a store by my house called play n trade and they have all the old games and systems as well as the new stuff. They also have all the replacement cord and such that we have a tendancy to lose or wear out in our older systems
  • Zalovar
    Zalovar Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process of collecting the old games

I have

30+ SNES games
    60+ NES games
    15+ N64 games
    20+ Gameboy(color,regular and advance)
    5 Sega Genesis games

I got all the covers printed at my friends printing shop and put them all in universal cases, they look pretty slick in my bedroom lol

I'm doing the same thing, there's not many things that I'm as proud of as my vintage video game collection which includes mostly gameboy/advance, SNES, Sega Saturn and PS1 games....matter of fact, any time any of my family members wants to buy me a bday or christmas present, I hand them my list of vintage video game wants...unfortuately the only games I have left on my list are $60+. I also print off covers and prepare nice cases for all of my games. There's a website called The Cover Project, that is a collection of various covers from all platforms that you can download and print. Some of my friends think I'm crazy for spending money on outdated games but I'm a huge retro gaming fan...especially the old school SNES rpgs. I've given up alot of things that I used to collect, but I shan't be giving this up!
  • FuncTioN64
    FuncTioN64 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    So many to choose from! Although i dont have the consoles no more, if I had e chance, I'd definitely brew a few pots of coffee for these games:

NES - zelda and castlevania series, ninja gaiden, contra, gradius,

SNES - zelda, r-type, metroid, Chrono, secret of mana, ff's, Megaman's, ghosts and goblins

Typing this up brought back some cool memories. Time wasted from being active and social but i dont regret it - not even a smidge!
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I'd love to buy all of the rest of the TurboGrafx-16 games that I don't already own, as well as a Turbo Duo with all of the Turbo Duo CD games. And if I couldn't get a Duo, I'd like to get the Turbo Booster Plus add-on so I don't have to write out 2000-character passwords in order to save my progress (I'M TALKING ABOUT YOU, ORDER OF THE GRIFFON!).