Introduce Yourselves :D

Options
geonbaeLeilee
geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
Hi everyone!

For anyone who joins, please feel free to introduce yourselves: Who you are, your favorite singer/group, show, movie, etc.

I guess I'll start. :P

I'm Leina (not my real name, but one I prefer to be called). I'm 26-years old, and I'm a college instructor. I started my "all things-Korean obsession in high when I started to listen to BoA. From there, I loved Baby Vox, but my K-pop love didn't really begin until I heard groups like SNSD (I don't like them as much as much as I once did, though) and TVXQ. This was before I had MyxTV and Mnet as part of a cable package, but once I got those channels, I was opened to a whole new world! Then I discovered FTIsland, CN Blue, 2pm, B2st, 2ne1, Kara, Epik High, Secret, and Super Junior. Then I discovered BigBang and never, ever, ever looked back! They're my favorite!

As for K-dramas, I watch when I can. I used to watch a lot when I had Arirang. My favorite is "Iris," and not because TOP is sexy (I would die happy if he were my killer). I managed to catch a few episodes of "Boys Over Flowers," which I did enjoy and want to watch all the way through; and I like "Love Truly." I wish I had more time to more, though. :(

As for movies, my all-time, hands-down favorite is "A Moment to Remember." I've never cried so hard over a movie! Every time it's on TV, I watch it and just cry. In my opinion, there's never been a more perfect movie. :drinker:

So, that's a little about me. :) I hope to hear from more of you!

Replies

• SandraD89
    SandraD89 Posts: 809
    Options
    Hey im Sandra/ cassie whatever you want to call me.
    Im excited for a group of people with similar interest as myself.
    Kdramas i love this is going to sound bad but anything with Jang keun Suk in it. I am really tired so no clue if i slept his name right this time.
    Im 22 almost 23 in october. I have been obsessed with Korean stuff for almost a year now. My current obsession is Aziatix or more so Eddie shins voice. I love Bap, TVXQ, suju, ukiss, and the list goes on and on. lol
  • geonbaeLeilee
    Options
    Kdramas i love this is going to sound bad but anything with Jang keun Suk in it. I am really tired so no clue if i slept his name right this time.
    Im 22 almost 23 in october. I have been obsessed with Korean stuff for almost a year now. My current obsession is Aziatix or more so Eddie shins voice. I love Bap, TVXQ, suju, ukiss, and the list goes on and on. lol

Hiya Sandra! Welcome aboard. :D So you're a newbie pretty much. We must corrupt you further somehow!
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

I'm Jenn! I'll be 21 on September 22 :) I've got 3 kitties, a wonderful husband, and a lot of Kpop. xD

I've been in love with Kpop since about 2005. I was searching youtube for something to listen to when I stumbled upon TVXQ- HUG. JaeJoong just looked so... uh.. well, pretty, in the video and I was taken with the group from then on. I discovered BoA, Big Bang, Epik High, TRAX, SNSD, Kim Hyun Joong, T-ARA, SISTAR, 4Minute, Shinhwa, H.O.T, Rain, Kangta, and so many more after TVXQ.
    My favorite Kpop stars are still the 5 members from TVXQ and JYJ. ^^

As for dramas and movies... I also watched A Moment To Remember! I also cried a lot hahah. But it was good. Other than that I'd say that A Millionaires First Love or 200 Pound Beauty are my favorites.

Dramas that I LOVED are "I'm sorry, I Love You", "Beautiful You", "Dream High", ... uhh.. that's all I can think of right now I guess. Haha. Nice to meet everyone!

Please feel free to add me as a friend! And if you have Twitter, my name on there is Uma_DB5K
  • SandraD89
    Options

Hiya Sandra! Welcome aboard. :D So you're a newbie pretty much. We must corrupt you further somehow!
    Basically yes, but my picture is Jay park that i drew btw. :) Next i will be drawing rain maybe or Bang. hmmm.
  • geonbaeLeilee
    Options
    Hey there!

I'm Jenn! I'll be 21 on September 22 :) I've got 3 kitties, a wonderful husband, and a lot of Kpop. xD

I've been in love with Kpop since about 2005. I was searching youtube for something to listen to when I stumbled upon TVXQ- HUG. JaeJoong just looked so... uh.. well, pretty, in the video and I was taken with the group from then on. I discovered BoA, Big Bang, Epik High, TRAX, SNSD, Kim Hyun Joong, T-ARA, SISTAR, 4Minute, Shinhwa, H.O.T, Rain, Kangta, and so many more after TVXQ.
    My favorite Kpop stars are still the 5 members from TVXQ and JYJ. ^^

As for dramas and movies... I also watched A Moment To Remember! I also cried a lot hahah. But it was good. Other than that I'd say that A Millionaires First Love or 200 Pound Beauty are my favorites.

Dramas that I LOVED are "I'm sorry, I Love You", "Beautiful You", "Dream High", ... uhh.. that's all I can think of right now I guess. Haha. Nice to meet everyone!

Please feel free to add me as a friend! And if you have Twitter, my name on there is Uma_DB5K

I love 200 Pound Beauty! That movie makes me laugh and cry! That's one of those movies I watch constantly and never get sick of. :) Along with this, My Little Bride and Jeni-Juno crack me up. :P

I enjoy "Dream High." I really love the music, lol!
  • geonbaeLeilee
    Options

Basically yes, but my picture is Jay park that i drew btw. :) Next i will be drawing rain maybe or Bang. hmmm.

Ooh, awesome drawing! I'm currently working on a picture of Daesung for my niece (if work would stop getting in the way!). I may post it here. How long have you been drawing?
  • SandraD89
    Options

Ooh, awesome drawing! I'm currently working on a picture of Daesung for my niece (if work would stop getting in the way!). I may post it here. How long have you been drawing?
    I have been drawing for as long as i can remember. Yes post it in here i want to see. Dae is a favorite of mine. :) I almost forgot to say thank you. Now i feel a bit conceited, but thanks. :)
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    HI everyone! I'm Crystal. :)
  • wyllaya
    wyllaya Posts: 51 Member
    Options

Hi! and welcome
  • geonbaeLeilee
    Options

Hi Crystal! Welcome aboard! Of what fandom do you align, or are you a general fan?
  • Crystal817
    Options

Hi Crystal! Welcome aboard! Of what fandom do you align, or are you a general fan?

I love Kdrams, movies and music!
  • geonbaeLeilee
    Options
    What's your favorite drama, movie, and music?
  • Crystal817
    Options
    boys-before-flowers.jpg

2009072309430020226_1.jpg

200px-City-hunter-poster-2.jpg

20100906_gna_03.jpg

CN-Blue1.jpg

There are a bunch of shows I still want to watch. I'm a pretty casual music listener...I'm not a die hard fan of anyone. :P
  • wyllaya
    wyllaya Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I can never tell CNBLUE and FT ISLAND apart......why WHYYYYY

It's been years and i still have to think really hard before i cant associate

Honki and Yonghwa (thanks to running man)....for the longest time i though it was ONE band

Please dont kill me...im not a hater i actually like them
  • Crystal817
    Options
    I can never tell CNBLUE and FT ISLAND apart......why WHYYYYY

well you know...we all look alike... :P
  • geonbaeLeilee
    Options
    As Martina calls him, I can always recognize the "Hunky One." When I first got into FT Island and CNBlue, I did have a problem, but they are both so distinct sounding that I don't.

r94b49.jpg

FT Island ^

cnblue-12.jpg

CNBlue ^

I just associate FT Island as being more mature.
  • Kei801
    Kei801 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone^^
    I'm Camila, 24 years old from Brazil!
    I just LOVE SNSD!!!
    I'm obssessed with them since they debuted xDDD
    I swear I just wanted to know their names at first... since Morning Musume (my ex-addiction from japan) started to suck, I needed something else...and of course it had to be a girl group (blame the Spice girls, they did it to me.)
    Then someone showed them to me and said "look, they just debuted!" and all I knew from korea before that was that BoA was korean, but never really listened to her korean music before...
    Tiffany made me fall in love with them pretty fast, and when ITNW finished the first chorus i was alredy spazzing xDDD

Ok ok ok, too much info, right? xD

Feel free to add me!
    I like other groups and doramas too... xD
  • geonbaeLeilee
    Options
    Hello everyone^^
    I'm Camila, 24 years old from Brazil!
    I just LOVE SNSD!!!
    I'm obssessed with them since they debuted xDDD
    I swear I just wanted to know their names at first... since Morning Musume (my ex-addiction from japan) started to suck, I needed something else...and of course it had to be a girl group (blame the Spice girls, they did it to me.)
    Then someone showed them to me and said "look, they just debuted!" and all I knew from korea before that was that BoA was korean, but never really listened to her korean music before...
    Tiffany made me fall in love with them pretty fast, and when ITNW finished the first chorus i was alredy spazzing xDDD

Ok ok ok, too much info, right? xD

Feel free to add me!
    I like other groups and doramas too... xD

Yay! Welcome aboard! I will give you a proper welcome when I am awake!
  • Seoul11
    Seoul11 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Oh man! I'm so glad for this group!

Hi guys!!! Let's see... my name is Eimi and I'm 25.

I'm not really into KPop (or any pop) at all... and I'm only familiar with a few bands...

BUT about 6 months ago I FINALLY gave into KDramas. :)
    I only have one friend who is as well, but she lives kinda far and works 2 jobs and has no time to watch and discuss with me anymore. :( (And the rest of my friends/family think I'm crazy. :P )

Anywho... I've seen a handful of dramas and movies, mostly ones that have come out in the last 2 years.

I'll watch anything with Won Bin, Hyun Bin, and my current love, Lee Min Ho. Just finished Faith!

Well, back to work... Nice to meet everyone! :)
  • kittypudding
    Options
    Good morning everyone!
    I'm Rowie
    I'm half Korean, half Japanese
    Love love love Kpop
    Not a fan of Kdramas, but did happen to see You're Beautiful, which I thought was pretty good.
    Have a wonderful day and keep working hard to reach your goals!