What is wrong with me????

Meghan0116
Meghan0116 Posts: 1,268 Member
My son's father and I have been broken up for three years. He has recently started dating someone, 4-5 months or so, and he has her around Donovan quite a bit. I am not thrilled with this because one, I don't know her, and two, well he is still my son's father and it hurts a bit to know that he has moved on.

I know this is irrational. I know that if I were dating someone it probably wouldn't hurt as much. We were together for 8 years and it does hurt to know that he is intimate with someone else. I feel so stupid.

I know that I can't control what he does when he is with our son but I am not happy that his girlfriend is around Donovan so much. I will get over it eventually.

Replies

• Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    I think its normal to feel that way. But know this, your child no matter who comes and goes will never love anyone else as a mother but you. As for the other, time heals it...
  • nbeth901
    nbeth901 Posts: 35 Member
    I understand how you feel.... kinda... My ex did the same thing. Only my ex is really not a man worth having, and of course, that relationship did not last long.

Maybe your ex was a better man than my ex. I just laughed when I heard he was dating someone...
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    I laugh too. I think of it like when my X is dating someone, she is someone else's problem now. :laugh:
  • desirez131
    desirez131 Posts: 72 Member
    Just remember, you aren't with him for a reason! Let him be her problem.

On another note I think you need to meet her if he is going to be serious with her. You need to know the people around your child on a daily basis.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    ^True this Megs. Don't want a skank around your kids. I don't have that problem though because the kids are with me all the time.
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,268 Member
    That is true but I don't think I am ready to meet her yet.

I did a lot of thinking last night that I made me realize the real reason behind my feelings about this.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Hey Megs, sorry I'm a little late to this party... hope you're feeling better about all this!