So does anyone go to 24 Hour Fitness?

Options
LaurenRosePR
LaurenRosePR Posts: 84 Member
I read the posts about which gyms everyone recommends, but noticed no one still goes to 24. I've been a member for four years now, and I still like it. I've obviously gotten to know a lot of the people who work at the one I go to, and they're pretty awesome. So I was wondering if I'm the Lone Ranger on here. haha =]

Replies

• houstonian
    houstonian Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Well, I've been looking for a new gym anyhow, so maybe you've recruited a new member.
  • dreamingchild
    dreamingchild Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I have a membership at 24hr. I haven't been in a long time though. :( Personally I like the gym. What I don't like is the feeling of the germs on the equipment. hahaha But that would be at any gym.
  • celtic_bear
    Options
    I go to the Westheimer and Beltway location. All I do is swim though.
  • jorben1990
    jorben1990 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have access to all of them but i train at the fitness connection in Greenspoint, i love it!
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I go to 24 hour still. I like it because there are locations EVERYWHERE
  • sayoder7
    sayoder7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm a member. I tend to go to Rice SS, Midtown SS, or the Galleria Sport locations. I'm a GroupX junkie so that's usually what I do when I'm there :o)
  • deweyz
    Options
    I actually changed to 24 to work out with work friends. Go 2-3 times a week I bet. It works & there's lots of them. Got the Cosco 2-year deal so super cheap. ~$300 for 2 years so ~$80/6 months (Sport Clubs only). Some people pay $80/2 months and barely use it...what a deal!
  • lavenderkae
    Options
    I use 24 Hour Fitness and have a trainer there helping me. After visiting all the gyms in my area, it just seemed like the friendliest and most flexible one around.
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I go to both 24 and LA Fitness. 24 is near my office, LA is across the freeway from my subdivision. Although they are just about done with the LA Fitness on Westheimer which will be closer to my office here in the next week or two.
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I go to the 24 Hr Fitness at Westheimer and the Beltway, and do water aerobics and lap swimming there. Love it! I like the one at Westheimer and Dairy Ashford (and even the San Felipe and Voss one) for machines, though.
  • LaurenRosePR
    Options
    I go to 24 hour still. I like it because there are locations EVERYWHERE

EXACTLY! I like to travel so being able to access a gym practically anywhere is important to me. I'm glad to see many of you do go to 24 though; I've heard a lot of complaints but maybe you just have to find where you fit. I went yesterday and today!
  • SavageFeast
    Options
    I've now started doing Zumba classes at 24 and I love how many of these classes they offer during the week!
  • LaurenRosePR
    Options
    That's awesome! I don't know how many of you have the My24 app, but it will let you look at the Class Schedule on your phone and add it to your calendar. It also helps figure out your BMI and calories needed. I actually changed my settings on here after calculating it from the app.
  • omegamaster4040
    Options
    I am currently trying to find a good gym. I mostly want it just for a nice pool to swim in as I have a gym at work. Lost my pool access when i graduated from UH and am in need of a new place to swim.

Do any of you know if a masters or similiar swimming group meets at any 24 hour fitness locations in galleria or west houston? I would really start swiming with a group.
  • SavageFeast
    Options
    Nope, I swam for months at the 24 Hour locations between the Galleria and west side and only saw individuals, couples, and friends swimming. But it would definitely be worth checking it out for yourself since it's been a couple of months since I swam.
  • AltaicaTigre
    AltaicaTigre Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I tried their 3 day trial and really disliked it, so packed, it took forever to get on one machine, much less multiple machines. I chose Anytime fitness, not as big, not as many machines, but not as many members either so less wait time. I like to do circuit and high intensity workouts, so having quick access to machines is essential. Plus 24 hour fitness smelled bad, every time i went, wheither it was busy or not. This was in The Woodlands, so it may just be that gym, but that is the one I would have used so it was no bueno for me :)
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    249 and.louetta...
  • wykyd
    wykyd Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Mine is in the Galleria. It IS almost always busy, and I hate that... But I can walk to it so I have no excuses to not go. I really like having gym access everywhere, variety of tools and classes, and the location convenience. Mine is the busiest in the city (from what I hear) so it is frustrating. I tend to go later at night which helps a LITTLE.. Oh, and it is practically deserted on Friday nights. :)
  • khlesnick
    khlesnick Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am currently trying to find a good gym. I mostly want it just for a nice pool to swim in as I have a gym at work. Lost my pool access when i graduated from UH and am in need of a new place to swim.

Do any of you know if a masters or similiar swimming group meets at any 24 hour fitness locations in galleria or west houston? I would really start swiming with a group.

The only reason I joined 24 hr was because I needed access to a pool in the colder months. There's no group or anything but its not usually crowded. Lots of slow swimmers and walkers like any public pool. I used to swim with the master's group at the downtown Y. Doesn't fit my schedule any more but its a great group!
  • adokes
    adokes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have a 24 hour fitness membership. Does anyone go to the Meyerland location or the Sugar Land location? If so I would really like to have a workout partner that would help motivate me and I could do the same.
    Send me a message at houstonmandy87@yahoo.com if you are interested. Thanks!