Week 1 Weigh in

Options
Hi everyone,

This is not an official group weigh in on the spreadsheet but I thought people may want to post how they've done over the first week.

I will be posting today or tomorrow with my weigh in.

I hope that you have all enjoyed the challenge so far and that you will continue to enjoy and be successful as a part of it.

Replies

• thergj
    thergj Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    By the look of the spread sheet it seems we will only be weighing in every 2 weeks. Is that correct?
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    The "official" weigh-ins are every other week but we can "unofficially" weigh in each week if we want to.

I don't know what happened this week. Every day I stayed under my cals, drank tons of water, and exercised- 30DS every day, walking most days, and the gym one day. I gained 0.8 lbs! :( Not sure if I retained extra water because of the sudden exercise (I hadn't in months) or if I had too much sodium yesterday, or if it's because of the alcohol or what. SO- starting Monday (because I'm going out of town wine-tasting with my best friend this weekend) I'm cutting out alcohol and seriously increasing my cardio, in addition to sticking with 30DS. It's just so frustrating to think you've done SO well, only to see a gain.
  • jamacattack
    jamacattack Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    SW: 162.4
    CW: 159.8

I lost some! YAY! Looking forward to the rest of the challenges. I've got my walking route mapped out for the week and ready to start on it tomorrow. My daughter is gonna love it too since it's cooled off she can get out with me.
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    SW: 209.7
    CW: 211.8

I didn't get to exercise much this week, and I engaged in some excessive late night snackiness. :\ I'm hoping that's different in the morning since I did weigh myself after eating some yogurt and drinking coffee. XD
  • helenld1
    helenld1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Woohoo just weighed in on this sunny Saturday morning (had to get up early to do some morning reporting).

:smile: Lost a little under 6 lbs - very happy with that as means I virtually lost all my holiday binge eating gain. Bit sore this morning from gym workout last night so will save my run for tomorrow morning.

:flowerforyou: Well done to those who've already been brave enough to step on the scales and good luck to all those who are weighing in later on and remember, any loss, no matter how tiny, is GREAT stuff. As long as someone reminds me of this in a few weeks when I don't lose weight but lose 1/4 inch or something. :laugh: Also, as someone else pointed out earlier, we're in this for the long haul - slow and steady.

Now my work is done - off to get a well earned coffee.
  • tsjourney
    tsjourney Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    SW 243
    CW 241

I think I did pretty well this week as far as my eating and drinking water goes, I'm happy scales are moving in the downward direction!!!
  • tjking82
    Options
    SW 393
    CW 390

Pretty good first week for me, but an upcoming trip to Vegas at the end of the month will likely slow me down just a tad for the challenge, thankfully i have till the end of the year to achieve my goals.
  • deeschange
    deeschange Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    SW 193.2
    Today's weight 190.4

I'm pleased.....:smile:
  • christinechipchase
    Options
    SW- 211
    CW- 208.8
    I am really happy :) xx
  • ChrissieNer
    ChrissieNer Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Original SW: 195
    Challenge SW: 185
    Week 1 Check-in: 182.5
    Week 1 Loss = 2.5 lbs!

I had a really good week! I've been eating a healthy DASH style diet, staying under cal goal (1 day went slightly over), drinking 8-10 glasses of water, and working out 30-55 min every day.

Bring on Challenge Week #2!! :)
  • Caligirl_92
    Caligirl_92 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    One pound from normal bmi!
    SW: 183
    CW:180
  • lizconnor0823
    Options
    SW: 185
    CW: 183

I have been fluctuating in this range for weeks. I got off to a good start last week with exercise, but faltered this week. Still been eating okay, but I need to get back on track with my goals.

I did stay on track with the water challenge (minus one sick day) and am looking forward to this weeks challenge!
  • chubtofit
    chubtofit Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    SW: 163.6
    CW: 159.6

Had a good week despite some illness (although I think taking a rest actually helped the weight loss). Now on a gluten free diet so that will be interesting to see how it affects my weight loss.
  • checof
    checof Posts: 114
    Options

I don't know what happened this week. Every day I stayed under my cals, drank tons of water, and exercised- 30DS every day, walking most days, and the gym one day. I gained 0.8 lbs! :( Not sure if I retained extra water because of the sudden exercise (I hadn't in months) or if I had too much sodium yesterday, or if it's because of the alcohol or what. SO- starting Monday (because I'm going out of town wine-tasting with my best friend this weekend) I'm cutting out alcohol and seriously increasing my cardio, in addition to sticking with 30DS. It's just so frustrating to think you've done SO well, only to see a gain.

I gained weight this week, too. 1 pound. I exercised daily, always stayed under my allotted calories, and got the water challenge done 5/7. This is the first time I see my number go UP on the scale since I've started MFP, and it's very upsetting. I have a hormonal thing going on this week that may account for weight gain due to water retention, but still. It sucks!

That said. I noticed yesterday that I had to keep pulling my jeans up, the very same pair that I could barely zip up when I started on here 3 1/2 weeks ago. And the mirror shows me changes, even when the scale does not.

Next week I'll hopefully have my HRM, and will be able to fine tune the calories in, calories out thing. I'm also thinking of trying new cardio exercises, and lifting. We'll see how it goes.
  • Andreake08
    Andreake08 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    SW: 169
    CW: 167

I must say that I've been fluctuating between 169 and 173 pounds when I started and, smart me (lol), chose the lowest weight... But yeah, It's 167 now... :)
  • thergj
    thergj Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    The "official" weigh-ins are every other week but we can "unofficially" weigh in each week if we want to.

When I'm trying to loose weight I avoid alcohol like the PLAGUE. My theory is that aside frome the calories you're taking in, your metabolism slows down for a few days afterwards.

I wouldn't worry too much about the 0.8 lbs. You can gain 10 pounds in 'water weight' in one day by just eating a bunch of salty chips and drinking a bunch of water. Just stay the course, correct the little mistakes and you'll do good.
  • mom2boys3
    mom2boys3 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Challenge SW:292.5
    Current: 290.0

So glad to see the scale moving in the right direction. The water challenge totally helped me kick this off right. I have also had a NSV this week... I am able to remove my wedding ring (not that I want to take it off regularly). I have not been able to get it off, since my almost 4 year old was born. It doesn't come off easily yet, but I know that will come in time.

Have a great week everyone. Keep up the hard work.
  • B_loves_A
    Options
    SW: 146lbs
    CW: 139.6
    loss:6.4lbs

I weighed in a few days before sept. 1st but anyways very happy with my progress this far :)
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I weighed on 2Sept and 9Sept, as my weigh in days are typically Sundays.. but so far:

SD Chall SW: 234.4 lbs
    CW: 232.4 lbs

loss 2.0 lbs :)
  • gwendb
    gwendb Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    SW:150
    CW: 148.5

I can't believe it, I've been using MFP for months and this is the first time I feel like I've been able to curb my snacking and loose some weight because of it. I think the challenge is really motivating!

I'm looking for some new friends on MFP who I can encourage and vice versa so if you need some encouragement friend me and I will be happy to lend some!!