Maryland Renaissance Festival

Options
Just a reminder to everyone that the Maryland Renaissance Festival is going on now. http://rennfest.com/

I am definitely trying to get out there one weekend.

Replies

• RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I am so in for this! :) Yuuup, I'm a geek.
  • chrissyv1024
    chrissyv1024 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm super excited for it. I haven't been in years. I'm planning on going on 9/23.
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking of going the past couple years, but so far I haven't made it out yet
  • horror_hamster
    Options
    I was there opening weekend and will be back next weekend! <starts getting into timely corset tonight>

Yup, I'll be there :)

Pirate weekend is this weekend! (8/9th) just FYI
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I was there opening weekend and will be back next weekend! <starts getting into timely corset tonight>

Yup, I'll be there :)

Pirate weekend is this weekend! (8/9th) just FYI

WOO! Corsets!
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    I am aiming for Saturday the 15th. I was trying to go this weekend but it might rain and I figured I would take it easy on the ankle.
  • fierceangel1982
    Options
    I was there on Aug 26th during the great flood. Planning on going back October 21st.
  • jenklive
    Options
    Ooohhh.. I really want to go. Off to check my calendar.
    Thanks for the reminder!
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I went opening weekend as well. That rain was insane! I will most likely be going this Saturday the 8th or Sunday the 9th (leaning toward Sunday) and then again on Sunday the 16th. Good times shall be had by all and if I can find the right ones I might buy a bodice and skirt :).
  • fierceangel1982
    Options
    I am aiming for Saturday the 15th. I was trying to go this weekend but it might rain and I figured I would take it easy on the ankle.

Do you have an ankle brace or support to wear? If you do, it might make walking around there easier. I used to wear a knee brace before my surgery and it helped a lot at Rennfest.
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    :( I think this may actually be the first year since I moved back to the DMV that I won't be going. I just don't know how it'll work with my schedule already jam packed.
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    My family tries to go every year. Not sure what weekend I'll make it but I definitely want to go!
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Yup, me too, trying to hit it 9/23, looking forward to it!
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options

Do you have an ankle brace or support to wear? If you do, it might make walking around there easier. I used to wear a knee brace before my surgery and it helped a lot at Rennfest.

Yeah, I will wear something but it has also been feeling a lot better so I'm hopeful that by that weekend it will be good.