What's your workout strategy?

Options
Hi. I will be doing Charlean Extreme for my fitness program. Is anyone else looking to start this program next week? If not, whats your fitness plan for the upcoming 90 days?

Replies

• pars1981
    pars1981 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I am currently training for a 5k at the beginning of october so I will be working on that, and continuing it afterwards as i hope to another 5k in January 2013. Im also signed up for a 5x50 challenege whereby, I have to complete 5k everyday for 50days whether its running, walking or cycling. That starts tomorrow and finishes at the end of October. The only other program i will be doing is my EA Sports active on the PS3 and some weight training. Gosh it sounds a lot but its really not! Oh and trying to fit in some swimming and bodycombat!
  • kzooprincess
    kzooprincess Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have "exercise ADD" :laugh: so I can't commit to one single program like 30DS or Turbo Jam. I will be mixing it up with walking, running, Zumba, Turbo Jam, and other various activities.
  • Mrshunts
    Mrshunts Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I can commit, but i get bored easily.....so i have to keep it mixed up....

I will be doing Zumba class and wii, Jillian Michaels banish fat boost metabolism AND no more trouble zones, Also Bob Harpers inside out method pure burn super strength, taebo, i might revisit Chalene Extreme....but i have tons of others to lean on as well....and i Line Dance often.

oh and be fit youtube channel looks pretty interesting , will dabble in that as well
  • Kath888
    Options
    I will be doing les mills pump. I am 46 days into it and I want to finish the 90 days.
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Because I am severely overweight, any extreme exercise is off limits (if it would even be possible) My basic strategy is to move, at all!

The primary cardio planned is walking in the fitness center pool every morning. Light strength-based exercises, leaning push-ups, crunches, etc every afternoon. 3 days a week I will add weights. Once all of this becomes "easy" I will step it up a bit, but I have to go slowly.
  • meagandporter
    meagandporter Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Goal is to lose 20lbs in 90 days.

30 day workout goal: 45mins cardio M-F 15mins weights 10 mins abs 10 mins stretching out (AM workout)
    30 mins walking dog on Cape Fear River Trail (PM workout every single day unless it's downpouring)

60 day workout goal: 45mins cardio M-F 20 mins weights 15 mins abs 10 mins stretching out (AM workout)
    30 mins of running/walking to work towards a 5k (afternoon workout)
    30 mins walking dog on Cape Fear River Trail (PM workout every single day unless it's downpouring)

90 day workout goal: 60mins cardio M-F 30 mins weights 20 mins abs 15 mins stretching out (AM workout)
    45 mins of running/walking to work towards a 5k (afternoon workout)
    40 mins walking dog on Cape Fear River Trail (PM workout every single day unless it's downpouring, my dog is a short nose so I'm trying not to push her too much cause she gets very tired)

Diet goals are all fresh foods for a low carb, high protein diet to lower cholesterol
  • ashlbubba
    ashlbubba Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Currently, I've just began training for a 5k obstacle course around Halloween. I'm hoping to get into a regular walk/jog schedule and get into a reasonable fitness schedule!
  • tlnurse
    tlnurse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My general work-out plan is Chalean Extreme M-T-W-F with a friend from work. S & S varies with biking, going to the Y, walking, etc.

I just bought Jillian's 30 day shred and would like to incorporate that as well.....but haven't figured out how to fit it in yet:) I don't think doing it alone by itself would be enough for me to break my plateau at this point!

Good luck everybody!
  • FitterTerri
    FitterTerri Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My plan is to complete 12wbt Advanced Lean & Strong program (I have just started week 3). I am up and at the gym by 5.50am Mon-Fri.

Weekends will be spent kayaking.
  • mypie
    mypie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My work out plan is to complete 3 trips a week to my gym and whilst there
    Monday : 30 mins - CX Works, 60mins - Body Combat & 30 mins body balance
    Wednesday: 45 mins - Spinning
    thursday: 45mins-spin, 30mins-cx works and 60mins body balance

I am aiming to fit in other excercise around work, baby and family commitments.
  • dawnM3007
    Options
    I will b doing turbo fire. I may also get my other half to write me up a weights workout (he's a body builder so knows his stuff) and I have all my weights at home ready. I also love running but prob only get out to do it once a week but my main focus will b turbo fire. Is anyone else planning on doing that?
  • mep0430
    mep0430 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    When I finally committed to losing weight (after a long overdue visit to the scale on Memorial Day) I went online and bought a Bowflex Treadclimber (TC10). It's been a HUGE help for me. My goal is to do 30 minutes a day (I'm currently at 2 mph) at least five days a week. I try to do it when I get home from work, before I eat dinner. On the weekends (which are HARD for me, foodwise) I try to do it twice a day.
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I recently purchased (used) exercise equipment......treadmill, exercise bike, eliptical and a bowflex. I have small weights and a kettle ball. I also have some work out videos. As soon as I move my son to a different bedroom I will move all of my equipment in there, but that probably won't be until month end. In the meantime I will do my daily challenges (different group) and at least a 20 min walk each day. I have really kicked my eating regimine in gear and have a diet buddy so I hope to beat my goal!

Good luck everone!
  • nicruns
    nicruns Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm in the final month of training for a half marathon (event date is mid-October).
    On the 1st of October, I'll start swimming again with my master's program...

then I'll be throwing in spin classes & core workouts wherever possible.
    (2 x per week, ideally)
  • Illusent
    Illusent Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    This is my routine Monday - Friday:

45 mins. - Brisk Walking
    25 mins. - Strength Training
    20 mins. - Basketball

Usually Saturday and Sunday are my rest days. This has been very effective thus far. Since June 1 to current I've lost over 40 lbs.!

Excited about this challenge!
  • cmg4721
    cmg4721 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I have Jillian Michaels Body Revolution...I' ve tried to start it several times, but then I get bored with the workouts, so I'm hoping to stick with it this time. I'm currently on levels 3 & 4, but I'm also going to be doing more of Jillians DVDs when I can too :)
  • taffyRN84
    taffyRN84 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second week of Insanity which is a 60 day program, after i complete that, I plan to do hip hop abs by Shaun T. for 30 days, hopefully i will get the results i want.
  • Kate964
    Kate964 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i work 4 days a week as a housekeeper in a hospital, they cut our hours and added to our work load and so i go full speed ahead for those 6.5 hours, and being 100 lbs overweight, i think just giving it my all at work will be a good start. i put my back into it and my Doctor said he counts it as exercise, so for now, work is my exercise, until i build up the stamina to do extra stuff.
  • blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have Bob Harper's Body Transformation DVD's and 30D Shred. I plan to work out 5 days a week to alternating a DVD to walking/jogging on my treadmill or riding my stationary bike. Also weight training with my resistance band, dumb bells and my stability ball a couple times a week. I am ready to sweat and hit my goals by Christmas!!!!!
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    I'm going to be following the C25K treadmill plan. Probably do it 4 days a week and then on Friday I usually do a water aerobics class. I also post mini-challenges on the fitness board M-Saturday, which focus one a different major muscular system daily, so I'll keep doing those too.