Wow!

Options
Isileo
Isileo Posts: 13 Member
Growing fast. I'm glad we have ap lace to share recipes now. Always looking for new ideas for healthy foods.

Replies

• lchiarizzio
    lchiarizzio Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    well I will give you one I had yesterday and it was sooo good:

2c savoy cabbage cut up and pan cooked in 1-2TB coconut oil, some Realsalt and pepper. Once that is done (tender with some brown cooking spots...don't know how else to explain), add Bilinski's organic chciken sausage (this is precooked so if you are using raw probably want to cook that first). Add one diced organic green apple and additional spices (I used Five Spice was a great compliment with the apple). Throw in any additional protein ( I had some roasted turkey tenderloin to use up so I threw that in too)
  • Isileo
    Isileo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'll have to try that it sounds good. Here is one I made the other night that is definitely a keeper.

Pan Seared Turkey Chops
    06/04/12
    Ingredients

6 turkey chops (6 to 8 oz. each)
    Soul food seasoning
    2 tbsp. ground pepper
    2 tbsp. garlic powder
    2 tbsp. onion powder
    2 tbsp. dark chili powder
    1 tsp. parsley seasoning
    1 tbsp. paprika
    1 tbsp. salt
    1 tsp. thyme powder
    1 pinch cayenne pepper
    1 tsp. celery powder
    2 tbsp. olive oil
    1 cup white wine

Instructions

Pre-heat a large sauté pan with olive oil.

Rinse turkey chops and season with soul food seasoning mixture. Pat the seasoning into the meat to seal in flavor.

Place turkey chops into hot pan with olive oil. Sear for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.

Remove from pan and lay on paper towel to soak up excess oil.

Add white wine to remaining juices in pan and bring to a slight simmer. Return chops to pan and simmer until chops cook through.

To serve, place chops on plate and drizzle with sauce.

http://www.chefgarvin.com/food/35/g-garvin-stops-by-the-today-show-with-a-delicious-father-s-day-dish
  • promisemcentire
    Options
    Oh, good idea! louiseockburn is always posting about her delicious creations.. We'll have to ask her to share her recipes here!!
  • Louisecockburn
    Louisecockburn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    promisemcentire - I have only just seen this post!!! Thank you! :)