Week 5 (9/3-9/9) repeaters or just getting here

Options
Hey guys. I just finished W4 up today so I'm going to try to sandwich in some runs back to back in an attempt to make it through Week 5. If all goes well I will do W5D1 on Wed and W5D2 on Friday. I am traveling over the weekend so the dreaded 20 minute run of W5D3 probably won't happen until Monday.

Anybody else starting week 5 this week. Here's what the workouts look like:

Workout 1: Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)

Workout 2: Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes)
Walk 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes)

Workout 3:
Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog two miles (or 20 minutes) with no walking.

Feel free to post to this post if you are attempting (whether for the first time or as a repeater) Week 5. We can all dread it together.

Replies

• tennesseeleigh
    Options
    Am I all by myself this week? 2 mile walk this morning, run this evening if all goes as planned.
  • lepow
    lepow Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry! I still have the last 2 of week 4 to finish up today and Saturday, then I'll be back to my normal schedule to start week 5 next Tuesday :(. I'm feeling so behind! lol. Keep going, though, it's not a race (unless you're actually racing, of course :)).
  • estherwhetstone
    estherwhetstone Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm off to do week 5 day 2. Wish me luck.
  • tennesseeleigh
    Options
    I am not having much luck getting my workouts in this week. Baby is back to gettting up 20 times a night and I've been traveling for work. Heading out of town this weekend too so I'll probably be doing Week 5 again next week too. I think it's my fear of the 20 minute run that keeps me backing up.
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with repeating days or weeks - your own pace matters more than any schedule :) That said, don't let the 20 minute run scare you. You're ready for it - it's a head game, not a physical one.
  • funylady
    funylady Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I made it through week 5! Did W5D3 this morning. I made it through without stopping and almost started to weep when it was done, no kidding. Will keep going with week 6 next week and see how far I get.
    Great job everyone!
  • AsellusReborn
    Options
    I made it through week 5! Did W5D3 this morning. I made it through without stopping and almost started to weep when it was done, no kidding. Will keep going with week 6 next week and see how far I get.
    Great job everyone!

congratulations!! Job well done =)
  • leaann3
    leaann3 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I just tackled day one of week 5 today. Not as bad as I thought. Not sure about the rest of the week. I'm fairly sure I can do day 2, but day 3???
  • AsellusReborn
    Options
    I just tackled day one of week 5 today. Not as bad as I thought. Not sure about the rest of the week. I'm fairly sure I can do day 2, but day 3???

Don't worry - you CAN and WILL do it! :) You're ready, even if you're nervous.
  • tennesseeleigh
    Options
    I am repeating week 5 again. Just not ready to move up to week 6 yet. Workouts this week will be Tu/Th/Sat