Sample of meals

Options
Anybody out there can post sample of their meal plans. They didn't have that many to choose from in the book.

Replies

• babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    This is my first week on mfp... but I just reset my food logs so you can see them if you want. Yesterday was an oddball day, so I did a cheat dinner, and will have my second one on Sunday.
  • LifeChanged1209
    Options
    High carb days:
    breakfast: protein shake ( we use the yoplait frozen smoothie mixes and add protein powder, almond milk and more fruit)
    snack: yogurt with fruit or a zone bar (I especially love the fudge graham flavor zone bar)
    lunch: turkey sandwich on Arnold or Pepperidge Farm sandwich thin, with popchips
    snack: fruit (apple, pear, peach... whatever I have available)
    dinner: protein of choice plus sweet potato
    dessert: skinny cow ice cream bar

Low carb days:
    same breakfast as above
    snack: celery with peanut butter
    lunch: salad
    snack: carrots with ranch or turkey pepperoni and lowfat cheese
    dinner: protein of choice and green veggie
    dessert: hahaha, yea, right

hope this helps.
  • 0Karen0
    0Karen0 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new to the plan but here are a few additional things I've thought up:

Low carb day:
    Low sodium deli turkey with avocado wrapped inside
    Chicken Fajita Salad (chopped chicken breast, bell pepper, onion & low fat ranch)

High carb day:
    Turkey meatloaf (made with oatmeal instead of bread)

I agree the book doesnt have enough recipes. Good luck!
  • allthngsthru
    Options
    Breakfast is pretty much always the same for me and pretty boring.
    3-4 egg whites with sauteed spinach cooked in very very little evoo. Sometimes if I am in a good morning mood, I will do onions and peppers too.
    This is my fav! 1/4 cup old fashioned oats with 1/4 cup water cook in microwave 1 min. Then add 1 tablespoon peanut butter and 1 tablespoon or less of splenda. YUM!

Low Carb Meals
    Chicken Salad just add greek yogurt instead of mayo but add 1 tsp of mayo to flavor like chicken salad
    Salmon patties cooked in little evoo with egg white, red pepper and onion
    Canned Tuna with a little mayo on salad
    1/2 sandwich on ezekiel bread (full serving of lunch meat)
    Meatloaf muffins (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/video-jamie-eason-turkey-meatloaf-muffins.htm)
    Sometimes, (I have a toddler) I just like to eat a heaping tablespoon of organic peanut butter and some veggies
    Grilled chicken (I cook a lot and have it cooked and weighed, ready in fridge)
    Pair any of these with good veggies and your good to go!
    Grilled tilapia, flounder, salmon.

HIGH CARB

Bison Burgers with 1/2 piece of provolone cheese wrapped in romaine lettuce ( I do whole wheat bread if it early in the day, that works best for me)
    Flank Steak
    Black Bean Chili
    Black Bean burritos omit the rice and add a tad of mashed avocado
    Lunch meat sandwich with mustard (ezekiel bread)
    Chicken sandwich with mustard (ezekiel bread)
    You can have sweet potatoes with your grilled fish, grilled chicken, etc.
    Any of the low carb stuff without the fat meaning no mayo, no evoo, just stay away from fat when possible.

I personally, was confused on eating fruit which I love. I now, eat my fruit but not in excess. I just try to eat something with protein first. Not sure if I am doing that right but didn't want you to think I didn't eat fruit. I do, I usually eat it as my little dessert. Such as after a meal, about once I a day, I'll have 1/2 a banana, sometimes the whole one, or a couple strawberries, or little handful of grapes ;)
    Hope this helps.