Anyone here from Northwest AR?

Options
BigDnSW
BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
Welcome to our new group and add me as a friend. I am a "safe bet"!

Replies

• BIRDIEBL8
    BIRDIEBL8 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Sooie! I'm in - been looking for NWA ppl. I live in springdale & also looking to lose around 100lbs. Any support & challenges would be welcomed.
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    You got it. I searched the entire community and found all sorts of city and regional groups but none for NWA. I have about a 100 to go as well. Support is key for me as I started back in Nov. 2011, got serious in April this year, and joined MFP in June.

Whatever I can do for you or anyone...glad you joined! The first one! Yipeeeeee!! I also moderate a small group called chipaholics for those of us addicted to any kind of chips in a bag or fries or fried foods. It's a cool little group.

Welcome!
  • heckybessick
    Options
    Hi! I live in Hog Country, too! I need to lose about 80 pounds to be in the Healthy BMI range. Right now I actually qualify for weight loss surgery, but I have to do 6 months of supervised weight loss first. Hopefully, my new eating plan, and tracking my progress, will work without having to do the surgery. I just bought a new mountain bike, and hope to ride on some of the trails around NWA.
  • pbaker8307
    pbaker8307 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm in the speed trap between Fayetteville and Springdale...you know the one :smile: ....according to my doc I should lose about 30 more pounds but I will just have to see. Been trying to workout more with heavier weights. School starts on Monday for us teachers...being back on a schedule will help from grazing all day. Would love to have more friends....WPS!
  • kittzle
    kittzle Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Centerton here, working in Rogers.
    Would love to find some walking/hiking buddies to add to my exercise ideas and meet new friends!!
  • janahc09
    janahc09 Posts: 12
    Options
    I live about 20-30 minutes southwest of Harrison.
  • Fisch17
    Fisch17 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone! I live outside Fayetteville and looking for workout friends
  • karmawolf4scr
    Options
    Hi I am Pam and I am new to the group. I am 29 and i want to lose 60 or so lbs. Live in Springdale right before heading out of town off 412. My birthday is in April so i am trying to lose as much as possible by then. Want to be a healthier new me for the next decade and beyond. I am a stay at home mom of 2 girls 4 and 2. My 4yo is in preschool now. I spend the mornings after i drop her off walking at the Lake Fayetteville Trail (BGO trailhead) most days. I try to get in at least 2 miles sometimes all the way to 4. Today i walked all the way around the lake. I am also going to start a beginner runners plan starting this monday working from no running to running continuous for 20 mins in about 10 weeks give or take.
    Feel free to add me and good luck to all!
  • kittzle
    kittzle Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi Pam, good to see you here. A couple of us have been starting to put together group meets to walk on the weekends. Keep an eye out and join us!

Birdie and I walked part of the Lake Fayetteville trail earlier today :) Walking with others is about the only way I'll get my booty moving and walking, so it's been great for me!
  • karmawolf4scr
    Options
    Hi Pam, good to see you here. A couple of us have been starting to put together group meets to walk on the weekends. Keep an eye out and join us!

Birdie and I walked part of the Lake Fayetteville trail earlier today :) Walking with others is about the only way I'll get my booty moving and walking, so it's been great for me!

I spent Sat and Sun walking around the whole lake. was fun but now my poor foot is not happy. :) Ill def keep an eye out. will be nice to meet like minded people. :)
  • sngglebune
    sngglebune Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Bella Vista here - transplant from MN over 10 years ago.