Breakfast ideas

Options
I am trying to get back into the swing of things. In the past I have had a shake for breakfast with whey protein powder. Now I am hearing that may not be so good for you. I love egg white and vegie scrambles but can not do that everyday. Any suggestions?

Replies

• BackwoodsMom
    BackwoodsMom Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I love my oatmeal! I soak mine for at least 10 minutes with water and a couple tablespoons of plain yogurt. After I cook it (usually in the microwave) I add cinnamon and raisins and a little milk. No sugar needed and the raisins and cinnamon have good health benefits.
  • Breevellalos
    Breevellalos Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i like a small bowl of raisin bran and a banana cut up inside. if i have time ill make an omlete, or a fruit/yogurt smoothie.
  • saper97
    saper97 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. Just saw your post. Can you tell me what you've heard about shakes with whey protein powder not being so good for you? I'd really like to look into that. Is it the whey protein itself that you've heard isn't so good for you, or is it having those kind of shakes for breakfast that's not so good? Is there a website or news article that has some info you could post? Thanks.
  • MissyMouse2323
    Options
    I'm so super busy in the morning I don't even have time to think about food until 12 or 1 pm
  • aim4health
    aim4health Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have cheerios, skim milk, frozen blueberries, and a banana. And coffee. Can't leave out the coffee! :wink:
  • Ryanmariem
    Ryanmariem Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Here are some of my fav. quick breakfast's

1) fried egg w/ olive oil on a sourdough english muffin (add a dash of sea salt, pepper & paparika, less than 1tbs of olive oil) good source of protein and omega's from the egg yolk. (Homemade egg "mcmuffin" my 10yr old loves this one!)

2) Old fashion oatmeal w/rasins and cinnamon.. optional to have w/your choice of milk (I like 1% milk or unsweetened vanilla almond milk)

3)Plain low fat Greek yogurt w/ a touch of honey (optional), w/ a sliced banana (or your fav. berries) & granola or flaxseed.

4) Granola w/fruit and your choice of milk- I like Northern Gold Whole Grain Granola Original Honey & Almond flavor w/ unsweetend vanilla almond milk....sometimes I will have a banna or some berries w/it.

5) Scrambled egg mixed w/ salsa served on a tortilla w/a slice of avacodo (I like to mix the salsa w/the egg and put just a small splash of half&half) makes for a fluffy egg... but watch the liquid to egg content or you will get watery eggs... you can always use a little water instead of half&half, but does not taste as good. Oh I always use olive oil for cooking... and like a dash of sea salt, pepper and paparika in my eggs sometimes I will also a dash of ginger too.
  • debbieannbuck
    debbieannbuck Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of suggestions of yogurt on this post and wanted to add one of my favorites.
    I definately love yogurt in the morning but found it messes with my blood sugars until...............I found a yogurt at Kroger's (and only at Kroger's) called "Carbmaster."
    Way healthier than regular, lite, or Greek yogurt. Pull up "Carbmaster yogurt" on your page and take a look at it. And it is DELICIOUS!!! They offer many flavors and my favorites are Banana Cream Pie, White Chocolate Raspberry, Blackberry, and Peach.
    It's called Carbmaster's because it's really low on carbs, sugars, and fat. Excellent for diabetics or anyone trying to lower their sugar intake.
  • angel_bear60
    angel_bear60 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I usually have a smoothie in the morning but i use protein powder (like for weight loss) instead of whey protein.