I am starting the 5 day pouch test today!

Options
Ok... so I have decided to finally start the 5 day pouch test I have found online! I am going to rough it this morning till I go to the grocery store later. From the Youtube video I watched with some people who have done it they used jello, soups, juices, yogurt and other things to add their protein powder in to do the liquid protein part. I have the powder and I am sure if I looked hard enough I could find something to add it with. This morning I am trying it out with some S.F. French Vanilla coffee Mix only I really didn't realize how much powder there really is in a serving of mix LOL... So after sticking it out and trying it without thinking about it, it's not soooo... bad it's kind of like a warm coffee shake, a little too sweet though which is odd since it's only suppose to have 2g of sugar. It's been a mental fight to just start for me but I am just going to jump in and go for it the best I can and see what happens! =0 Wish me luck!

Replies

• Melody110476
    Melody110476 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ok so day 1 of the 5 day pouch test.... I stuck pretty much to protein shakes with milk, I had some chicken and beef bullion which really took away the hungry feeling I was having not sure why it helps... I made some orange jello which won't be ready till late so that will be for day 2! Man I should have taken a nap today at least part of the day wouldn't have been so long! I think the worst part is I still have to cook for everyone else! :ohwell: Well, day 1 is almost over and I survived so far! :drinker:
  • Melody110476
    Options
    Phew... Day 2 is complete! WOO HOO I can eat some real food tomorrow. I think that cottage cheese, eggs and tuna is going to be the greatest thing ever tomorrow! Though after two days of liquids I think I am pretty sure anything would be great! :) LOL... Ok so I did notice on day two that I wasn't at all as hungry as day 1. I actually made it all the way to after 1 on 105 calories I do need to try and push more water but with all the fluids from other sources I figured it probably wasn't too bad. I have found my worst time of day for grazing is in the evening when sitting at this computer! I tried to remedy that before I started the test by choosing cheese sticks or sausage sticks as a snack over other choices. Over all day 2 I kept pretty busy all day with a couple breaks here and there but over all I kept moving. Well.... Good night all! :drinker:
  • Melody110476
    Options
    Man I am slacking here... I had some school work to get done so by the time I was done I was done for the night! Well, I survived the 5 day test and once I got through the first two days it was a breeze really I tried to control the mind over matter and remind myself I am not eating for enjoyment but for fuel for my body and it seemed to help a lot just logging everything. I though I would never again be able to live on 900 calories ever but I found I wasn't starving and I ate whenever I was hungry. I think it really helped me get back to the basics as in make sure you don't drink anything 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after you eat. As well as proteins first fill up on those as much as possible. I think my capacity has changed as well, I fill up much faster and if I stick to taking 15 minutes or less to eat I fill fast and am not as hungry often.
  • Itakecareofme2
    Itakecareofme2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Whats a 5 day pouch test?