Week 2 (8th Sept)

Options

Replies

• Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I have been doing 4kms in 40 mins (average just under 6km/h) so planned to go a bit further to make 5kms and it would fit within my 1 hour lunch.

I use Google My Tracks on my Android cell phone to log walks. I know the distance is pretty accurate as I have checked that before, but the elevation is completely off. I do beach walks or along the walkway at the beachfront and the elevation is between 13 & 93 m above sea level - when I often come home with wet pants!!!

I have had to cancel my exercise plans for the weekend so have dropped my goal to 20kms. My dog sprained his toe so I have to stay home and make sure he rests!!
  • jamacattack
    jamacattack Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Finally have some BEAUTIFUL weather here! Really looking forward to getting out and walking with the week 2 challenge. Day 1 starts as soon as my daughter is up from her nap! Thanks so much for putting this together.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Will start by doing a long zombie run with the family tonight! Cant wait!
  • RhondaMH65
    RhondaMH65 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have been doing 4kms in 40 mins (average just under 6km/h) so planned to go a bit further to make 5kms and it would fit within my 1 hour lunch.

I use Google My Tracks on my Android cell phone to log walks. I know the distance is pretty accurate as I have checked that before, but the elevation is completely off. I do beach walks or along the walkway at the beachfront and the elevation is between 13 & 93 m above sea level - when I often come home with wet pants!!!

I have had to cancel my exercise plans for the weekend so have dropped my goal to 20kms. My dog sprained his toe so I have to stay home and make sure he rests!!
    Thank you so much, so that means I walk about six Klms. I hope your puppy gets better quickly!
  • lizconnor0823
    Options
    In reply to zombie run... Sounds awesome! Have fun!
  • Verysalty
    Verysalty Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Didn't do too well with the water Challenge. But I Still tried and lost 4lb!

I normally walk a standard 3:30 a week in total. So I'm going to aim for 5 hours. thats an extra 20 mins per week day so do-able!

SW-198
    CW -194
    GW - 170
  • roguestates
    Options
    yay, great challenge! I think I'll try for walking 3 miles a day
  • jnrinwa
    jnrinwa Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I posted this in a separate thread, but figured I would add it here as well -- I had planned on walking this week for my challenge, but on Friday I learned I have stress fractures in both ankles (thought I had tendonitis). Anyway, I cannot do any weight bearing activities for 3 weeks. I want to stay in the group so I am going to try and modify each weeks challenge to fit within what I can do.

This week I am doing 30 minutes/day of upper body cardio/circuit training. :)
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I did pretty good with the water challenge .
    I will be walking alot with a trip that i am taking this coming weekend not sure how much i will be walking but
    it will be some !
    And i lost a pound this week too !
  • GrammaBonnie
    GrammaBonnie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Due to an injury, last week I was walking about 3,000 steps per day. It's not much, but my goal this week is to walk at least 5,000 steps, without pain. With luck, determination, physical therapy, chiropractic care and acupuncture, and hard work, I hope to be able to get back to 10,000 by the end of the week.

So, my goal is not only 5,000 per day, it's also (at least) one day at 10,000! :)

Water challenge was good.

Thanks!
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Just tried... My BB doesn't support GPS... :(:(:(

Do you have a car? If yes, you can try to guage the route with your car and then you will know roughly :) OR buy a pedometer, that counts steps and distance.... Am sure BB should support that :)

Good luck!

I don't even have a drivers license! Lol... :P

I have everything calculated (finally!) on Endomondo... But again, I do a lot of in-place jogging, so there's no distance... Me needs a pedometer... :P

Anyways, I will ask again... :P Can we make time count as well? Would be a lot easier... :)

It looks like a lot of people (myself included) are using a time-based goal rather than distance. I'm aiming for 210 minutes of cardio for the week.
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Let's see if I can do this.... goal is 3 miles a day + 20 mins of circuit training (I'm doing 30DS). I walk for work but typically only get about 2 miles other than on Mondays.

Sat 9/8: 4.04 miles + 20 mins of L1, D8
    Sun 9/9: 0.53 miles. lazy day :( + 20 mins of L1, D9
    Mon 9/10: 5.42 miles = L1, D10
  • anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    My goal this week will be to walk at least 3 miles each day. On Fridays and one day on the weekends it will be 5 or 6 miles.
  • checof
    checof Posts: 114
    Options
    Dude, I totally misunderstood the challenge this week. I thought we were meant to enter a number which would represent our daily target distance, but now I realize that it's meant to be total number of miles or kms reached at the end of the week. Ohhhhh. *facepalm*: blushing:

Now I got it!
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I am not going to be able to take part in this weeks challenge as much as id love to :( - my body has been a complete shambles since sunday i had horrific toothache and since then i have felt physically sick after eating just a little of anything, im not able to consume the calories to do any more exercise :( . I mean yesterday i only managed 700 calories and thats with burger and pizza involved! So im afraid im not even going to attempt and do this weeks challenge, the only mins iv counted are shopping mins - lots of birthday present shopping, (i only count a fraction of walking when its done doing shopping usually but i might change this in current circumstances we'll see...).
    Hopefully it will be business as usual soon :)
    x
  • Dory_42
    Options
    This week was basically a write off for me. Things are looking better now, but I will not reach the goal I set. I have been pretty good with water but think I hit 6 or 7 glasses most days.
  • sfrohardt5
    sfrohardt5 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This week was bad for me, too. I woke up with a migraine on Sunday, was off work with it Monday, was in the hospital for 7 hours with it on Tuesday and the remnants are still lingering with me. My head has hurt so bad, I have not met my challenge this week and am doubtful I will meet the weekly challenge unless God heals my head really quickly. I haven't had a migraine last this long since 1990 when I had a 35-day migraine. This is the first time a migraine has hit me this hard since! Generally, they are just one or two days. I am so sorry I didn't meet the challenge this week. I will try harder next week.
  • Dory_42
    Options
    sfrohardt5, health is also important. It would be silly to try and push yourself to meet this goal if your health will suffer as a result. Just relax and let your head recover (I am sure that any worrying you are doing about not reaching this goal is not helpful) and then try the next challenge after you are healthy. You can still focus on making good choices in what you eat and keeping hydrated!
  • B_Mindful
    B_Mindful Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Well, it looks like I'm not getting anywhere close to my goal this week. Such is life! I'll do better next week. :smile:
  • jamacattack
    jamacattack Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I was so on this week- I was going to go over my goal, but I've been rained out the past 3 days! Boo!!!! Hoping for some clear skies later today to hopefully at least meet my goal.