Finger Tattoos

Options
hellokathy
hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
For quite a while now, I've wanted tattoos on my fingers. Not on the back but on the side of / between them.

But I've heard different things about it. Some say they're a pain and you have to get them redone every couple months, others say that's not true. I don't necessarily want them in black color but have been told that's the only one that will actually stay put.

So, I'd like to get some reliable info now. I really want those but if they start to fade quickly and I'll run around with blotches on my fingers half of the time, that would suck.

Replies

• Iheartsushi
    Iheartsushi Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have 3 finger tattoos. Two on the top area (above the knuckle) and one on the inside of my fingers. Hands down, the ones on top have healed just fine. One on top is in color (red) and does not look as good as the black ones so I don't think color will last on the fingers because of how colors fade. It ends up 'blending' into the skin versus appearing like an actual tattoo.

The inside one didn't take as well. Some spots did not take the ink at all! Even after going back for a touch up..the ink just falls out. I got a name so you can still read what the word says, but part of my letter "A" is not complete. Fading has been minimal.

Just know that finger tattoos are high maintanence tattoos that will need retouching in the future. I've had mine for at least a year and still don't need to touch up. Keep it simple because the ink spreads.

Pain was easy breezy.
  • hellokathy
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll have to think about it then. I don't mind the retouching as such but the faded parts probably don't look too hot.
  • ErinMichael86
    Options
    I have two finger tattoos both of them are on the insides of my fingers. They hurt pretty bad, and I have a lot of other tattoos to compair them to... haha. But the good thing is that the pain doesn't last long, depending on what you want, I just have letters. And I have never had to have mind touched up.
  • hellokathy
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I would want letters, too. Are yours black or a lighter color?
  • Sibby123
    Options
    I have a smile on my thumb lol they don't stay in so had to keep going over it again
  • nadsazombie
    Options
    hm
    me and my almost husband were thinking of getting a tattoo on your ring fingers for eachother. but now i dont think i want to. especially if it doesnt take very well
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Oh man, just do not get a mustache. I'm not sure why chicks think that is so witty and original of them to do. This fake mustache fad is more played out than Hammer pants were 20 years ago.

Otherwise, good luck!

Edit: I mean these. Ugh. Drives me crazy, not sure why.
    3032036421_4fec0761d2.jpg
  • nadsazombie
    Options

Edit: I mean these. Ugh. Drives me crazy, not sure why.
    3032036421_4fec0761d2.jpg

it drives you crazy because you get lots of girls who think they are cool by having a tattoo on their finger.
    and not only that they think they are the only ones that have it.

for once id like to see someone maybe get a beard tattoo on their hand :laugh:
  • jesusHchris
    Options

it drives you crazy because you get lots of girls who think they are cool by having a tattoo on their finger.
    and not only that they think they are the only ones that have it.

for once id like to see someone maybe get a beard tattoo on their hand :laugh:

That's it exactly - the second part especially. And keep your beards off of my hands!!!
    :)
  • nadsazombie
    Options
    Idk i think a beard would look pretty legit :glasses:
    kidding of course
  • jesusHchris
    Options
    Idk i think a beard would look pretty legit :glasses:
    kidding of course

Maybe I'll tattoo a razor on my palm and go around smacking girls with the mustache.

KIDDING - I would never tattoo my palm.

;)
  • nadsazombie
    Options
    wouldnt be a bad idea to go around smacking girls tho hahaha
  • jesusHchris
    Options
    wouldnt be a bad idea to go around smacking girls tho hahaha

Disclaimer: I never smack girls.

Just had to be clear there. Just in case. :)
  • nadsazombie
    Options

well good for you then
  • jesusHchris
    Options

well good for you then

Hey, don't get mouthy with me. I warned you!
    ;)
  • nadsazombie
    Options

well good for you then

Hey, don't get mouthy with me. I warned you!
    ;)

Me??? mouthy??!! to you? i would never hahaha
  • hellokathy
    Options
    Ha, yeah...well, I laughed the first time I saw a picture like that. Then it got old. I never know what people are thinking getting tattoos like that. It's funny (maybe) for about a second, then you're like "You know you'll be stuck with that forever, right?" The joke's on them, really.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    we got these for our 10 year .....

423927_3204006511592_1609011480_2565853_1322170296_n.jpg
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Mine hurt. It sucked *kitten*, really. Only had it touched up once though.
  • hellokathy
    Options
    @fatboypup - That's really sweet! I always thought that if I ever get married, I'd like us to get tattoos instead of wedding bands (provided he's into the idea, too).