Welcome to the Challenge! - Introduce yourself

Options
Hi everyone!

Welcome to the 10 Week Trim Challenge. I set up this challenge because having mini-goals in mind helps keep me focused day to day, especially when the final goal seems so far away. I'm Heather, and I'm hoping to trim down more in the next 10 weeks, just in time for all the winter holidays. Feel free to add me as a friend! I'm on daily and try to provide motivation and support. I know my MFP friends are a big part of what keeps me going.

If you notice any issues with the weigh-in spreadhsheet, please PM me. Good luck everyone and thanks for joining!

Replies

• mporyazova
    Options
    Hi I am Mariya :)

I am using MFP for around 2 weeks now, but started focusing on healthier eating and more exercises around 3 weeks ago. Since then I have lost 11 lbs. Honestly it has been A LOT of sweat and resisting temptations but it is a way to start my journey :)
    I am not really the patient type, so I get demotivated easily :) that is why i hope to find some support here as I can offer the same in return
  • raquelrymer
    Options
    hi, this is an awesome challenge, cant wait to be motivated and motivate others...yayyy!!!
  • droopy3131
    droopy3131 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Michelle

I am a grandma who does not want to look for feel like one :) I love the challenge of this to motivate me to keep working out thru the cold months ahead!

Good luck everyone

Starting weight: 164
    Goal is 154
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Gem! I'm in the UK and really hoping that a mini goal undertaken with others will help me. My current weight does not reflect my ticker as I didn't have the heart to post a weight gain but I will put what I actually weigh on the spreadsheet. Good luck to all and lets just hope we can all do our best!
  • rubytOU
    rubytOU Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm Tawnya. I live in NH and have been stuck on a plateau for a while... hoping this will motivate me to tweak things and start the downward trend again.
  • lmeasterling
    lmeasterling Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lisa! I've lost 16 lbs. in the last 3 months & only have 19 more to go until I reach my goal weight. I'm hoping to be down to 150 by the end of the challenge, which would be a total of 13 lbs for me. Anyway, I've found that groups like this one with weekly weigh-ins really help to keep me motivated...so here I am!

Good luck to all my fellow group members! :)

**edited to correct a punctuation error**
  • Sammylynn89
    Sammylynn89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hello!

My name is Sam and I'm from MA. I saw this group while skimming through the forums, and I think its great! I'm currently doing a Halloween related challenge where I am looking to lose 20lbs, so I figured that this would be another good holiday goal motivator :)

My starting weight right now is 178, and my goal weight for this challenge is to be between 160-155 by turkey day!

Goodluck everyone!
  • kristilynne84
    Options
    Hi ladies! :) (and gentlemen, if any join)

My name is Kristi and I live in the midwest, where we are just starting to enjoy what looks to be a BEAUTIFUL fall! I'm glad to be a part of this group--I was looking for a little bit of support.

My current weight (gag me) is 182.2 as of today--quite a wake-up call! I am in grad school and I work, so I had given up on exercise for a while. Then I broke up with my boyfriend and started stress eating! I thought I had only gained about 5 lbs but pretty sure it was more like 10 (yikes!). I have been at MFP for a week now. I have used Livestrong in the past with good results but stopped bc I was beginning to obsess about the calorie thing--so my strategy this time around is to follow the calorie goals 6 days a week and then not count anything one day a week. I have also cut out caffeine (and therefore most sodas). Hope it works! :)

My goal (read: dream!) weight is (*sigh) around 137, to put my 5'5" body solidly in the "healthy" BMI range. Gotta start somewhere, so my goal for this challenge is going to be 15 lbs. This would put me at 167, which is what I weighed about 2 yrs ago. My goal is to exercise 4-5x a week--I have a 10 mile race coming up in 7 weeks (haha, don't be impressed, I am sure I will walk at least half of it!)--goal is to run three times a week, do a Pilates class weekly, and try to get in a swim workout once a week.

Nice to "meet" all of you; I'm looking forward to losing with you!
  • msaestein1
    msaestein1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Allison. I joined MFP a couple of weeks ago. I have not a pound. :( I have been working out; lifting weights and stuff. I do feel better, more toned and I have been sleeping through the entire night for the first time in YEARS!!! I joined the group because I would like to see the scale move though. I am looking for some friends on the site to give me push. Send me an invite please

Ally
  • TraeP
    TraeP Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi All !!
    I'm Trae and I live in Texas. I'm looking to stay motivated and focused as of today I'm 202 and I'm looking to loose this weight uggghhhh it's so hard when I'm so close to my mini goal and then I just plateau. I want to get to 182, that's my first goal and then we will reset and set another goal until I get to my ultimate goal of 150.

I exercise 5-6 days a week and I have a 3 y.o. who gives me the extra workout. I have signed up for a 5k Nov. 3rd and I want to be totally prepared for that. Hope I can run it all or at least half!!!
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Hey ya'll! I'm Tara and have been on this weight loss journey for near bout going on a year. I'm looking for something to really get me going and hold me accountable so I can finally reach my goal weight of at least 135lbs. So I have about 12lbs to go but 15lbs would be a great achievement as well! I just got back from vacation yesterday and ended gaining 5lbs but it's okay cuz I'm back with a fight in me!

Add me to motivate and support and I'll give it back! We can do this :))
  • mporyazova
    Options
    Hi I am Allison. I joined MFP a couple of weeks ago. I have not a pound. :( I have been working out; lifting weights and stuff. I do feel better, more toned and I have been sleeping through the entire night for the first time in YEARS!!! I joined the group because I would like to see the scale move though. I am looking for some friends on the site to give me push. Send me an invite please

Ally

Hi Allison!
    One advice is to measure your waist, hips, etc. in order to be sure if you are losing or gaining weight. The scale is tricky sometimes. Depending on the workouts that you are doing it could be that you are building muscle and that is why your weight isn't changing. But remember, muscle burns fat, so that is also good.
    Good luck :)
  • lainie71
    Options
    Hi! I'm Laura and I live in NJ. I am recommitting to MFP today. My long-term goal is to lose about 50 lbs. I saw this challenge and thought it would be great - I think the goal for the time frame is healthy, and I am hoping the weekly accountability will keep me on track!

About me - I am married, mother of two boys (ages 5 and 3) and I work full time and attend grad school. I think the stress and the lack of time/time-management has gotten me into a pickle as far as my health and fitness. I need to stop the excuses and focus on the "why" so I have the health and energy I need.

Looking forward to meeting all of you in the posts!
  • Nleon4
    Nleon4 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I'm Norma!

I started MFP 30 days ago andI looove it here! I plan on sticking to this for the rest of my life!
    I currently weigh 252 and I'm definitely looking to get back to a healthy weight.
    I'm super excited to start this challenge as I'm sure it'll keep my motivation and enthusiasm strong!!
    Leeeeeeeet's do this!! :)
  • V1CT0R1Axxx
    Options
    Hi there i'm Victoria and i'm from the U.K I don't celebrate thanksgiving so could someone tell me the date i'm aiming for on this one :wink: I weigh 148lb at the moment since starting the weight loss i've lost 10lb (2lb since joining MFP) and i want to get to 134lb (ish) so it would be great if i could lose the 15 lb as i would be there :laugh: i'm not sure that will be possible though as i know how tricky those last few lbs are to get off, so i am aiming for 10lb instead which would take me to 138lb :flowerforyou:
  • anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm Anna, live in the Southeastern US where it has been miserably hot all summer. This morning was beautiful--signs of good things to come I hope! My dream weight would be somewhere around 145, but at 5'8" that may be a little too thin. We'll see how it goes as time progresses. Anything at or near 150 would make me happy :) I have 29 pounds to go!
  • anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hi there i'm Victoria and i'm from the U.K I don't celebrate thanksgiving so could someone tell me the date i'm aiming for on this one :wink: I weigh 148lb at the moment since starting the weight loss i've lost 10lb (2lb since joining MFP) and i want to get to 134lb (ish) so it would be great if i could lose the 15 lb as i would be there :laugh: i'm not sure that will be possible though as i know how tricky those last few lbs are to get off, so i am aiming for 10lb instead which would take me to 138lb :flowerforyou:

Hi, Victoria, good luck with your journey! Thanksgiving is usually the 4th Thursday in November, this year it is on the 22nd.
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    Hi All !!
    I'm Trae and I live in Texas. I'm looking to stay motivated and focused as of today I'm 202 and I'm looking to loose this weight uggghhhh it's so hard when I'm so close to my mini goal and then I just plateau. I want to get to 182, that's my first goal and then we will reset and set another goal until I get to my ultimate goal of 150.

I exercise 5-6 days a week and I have a 3 y.o. who gives me the extra workout. I have signed up for a 5k Nov. 3rd and I want to be totally prepared for that. Hope I can run it all or at least half!!!

Hi Trae. I'm Bridget. I noticed your current weight is very close to my goal weight for this challenge...wow!!! Our untimate goals are close also. My untimate goal is 145 (I have a lot of work to do).
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    hi all,

im Emma and i could do with some motivation, have given weight loss a rest for the past few months for various reasons, but i havent gone up too much. :blushing:

ill be the big 3-0 in the beginning of December, so would LOVE to get to my goal weight before then :drinker:

good luck with the challenge guys :flowerforyou:
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I'm Bridget and I live in PA. I've been on MFP for about 285 days now. I love it!! I have some fantastic and encouraging pals on here. A good support system is very important. We can all meet our goals if we are willing to work hard and support one another through the good days and the bad days. I'm currently 218 lbs and my goal weight for this challenge is 203 lbs (that's a 15lb loss).

l love giving and receiving support so if we're not yet friends and you're willing to support me on my journey, please feel free to add me!!