No weight loss or Body fat loss after 2 weeks on Insanity

Options
Hello all, I was hoping to get some motivation and advice regarding my lack of changes with insanity. I've been doing insanity for two weeks, never missed a day, eating 5 times a day about 1200-1300 cal per day. I have not noticed any changes yet. No weight loss and even more concerning no body fat loss. I measured my body fat when I started and was at 28% and just measured again and it's still at 28%. I did loose 1/2 an inch around my waist but that's it and that could be just due to incosnsistent measuring technique.

So I'm not sure what to change to start getting results. Any thoughts?

Replies

• karynspeace
    Options
    If you are consuming 1200 calories total AND doing Insanity, you are not eating enough. You will be a better fuel furnace if you increase your calorie intake at least up to 1600 calories. Right now your body thinks something is wrong because you are not eating enough for the activity. I thought it sounded stupid too, but I started seeing results AFTER I upped my calories to 1600. Also, I don't do the workout high impact - if you are amazing enough already to do the workout as it is meant to be done, you DEFINETLY need to up your calories and protein intake. Check out the beachbody website! Good luck.

Week 4 for me - with a few more breaks than designed - but showing progress in what I CAN do now... I avoid the scale.
  • everett9239
    everett9239 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am currently finishing up the last week of Insanity. I can tell you I did not notice too much weight loss until month 2. Even then, I have really only lost about 9lbs. I have seen a bit of movement with measurements though. It took me a while to figure out the eating thing. In the beginning I was doing weight watchers, and I was not eating enough and was putting my body into starvation mode. To change that I bought an HRM and started to accurately measure my calories burned. Next I joined MFP and made sure to eat back those calories. I know it seems counterproductive, but it does work. The workout is intense and you need those calories!! Hope this helps!
  • michelledelib
    Options
    Thanks - I needed to hear that too... I thought I was eating too much... The scale hasn't budged since I started - I am in week 2 - but I can feel my body getting more toned... I thought to cut back my calories too - thinking I am eating too much - around 1500 calories a day... I am just thinking that I will keep getting stronger as I keep going - and eventually burn more fat as I get better...
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Have you taken any pictures? And how are you measuring your body fat?

For instance, the below pics were taken 5 weeks apart (I was doing NROL4W). The one on the right was before, the one in green was after and 4lbs HEAVIER.

2z3qds6.jpg
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Have you taken any pictures? And how are you measuring your body fat?

For instance, the below pics were taken 5 weeks apart (I was doing NROL4W). The one on the right was before, the one in green was after and 4lbs HEAVIER.

2z3qds6.jpg

Well you gain muscles for sure on the picture...Very clear! God job
    So your 4lbs are muscles weight.... That's good....Helps you burn even more.
    Body mass can be calculated many ways but the best and easy way is with a caliper (you can get one in store or on Ebay)..Got mine for 0.99$ lol.... You can check many videos on youtube for that too.