Dress

Options
kikiallain
kikiallain Posts: 151 Member
So I thought that we could create a post where people can talk about what I believe is the most exciting part of the day which is the dress!! If you want to add the designer and style number of your dress, ask advice, post pictures, anything!! I went dress shopping for the first time a couple of weekends ago and had a great first experience. I found a potential one but want to take my time to shop around and not make a decision to quickly. I posted pictures of a few of the dresses on a weddingbee forum so if anyone wants to see, here is the link.

http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/my-first-dress-visit-with-pics

Replies

• kathendo1984
    Options
    So I thought that we could create a post where people can talk about what I believe is the most exciting part of the day which is the dress!! If you want to add the designer and style number of your dress, ask advice, post pictures, anything!! I went dress shopping for the first time a couple of weekends ago and had a great first experience. I found a potential one but want to take my time to shop around and not make a decision to quickly. I posted pictures of a few of the dresses on a weddingbee forum so if anyone wants to see, here is the link.

hello, i just looked at your pictures and i defo think the last one is the best by far. i love it. i choose my dress preety damn quick lol. its alfred angelo and style number 2137 i only tried 3 on and went to one shop, the second i put this one on i fell in love instantly and put the deposit on it there and then. ive since been back in with wobbles as thought id choosen to quick, so i tried on a few more, which i didnt like then tried my one on again and fell in love all over again lol.

i have pictures of it on my profile :) xxxx
  • kikiallain
    Options
    All that matters is that you are comfortable and loving your dress!! I just had three designers that I really wanted to try. The first store was Maggie Sottero gowns, the second store was Allure gowns and now i want to go to the third store to try on Mori Lee gowns.. once I know i've tried on those 3 designers, i feel like i'll be more ready to say yes to a dress for good :)
  • roxerella
    roxerella Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I've falled in love with this dress by Elie Saab:

2011-Elie-Saab-Tanks-V-Neckline-White-Beach-Wedding-Dresses.jpg

Only problem. It's over £6000! TOOO much, but I'm thinking of getting one similar made. I have a friend who owns a wedding boutique and makes them to order...
  • NiennaMariee
    NiennaMariee Posts: 48 Member
    Options

The last dress is my favourite one too :) I think the lace one was beautiful too :)

I've already bought mine, and posted a picture on the wedding thread Kath made, but I like to look at it so here it is again, haha.

5555832655m.jpg

Is picture not working?? It doesn't look like it is to me? :/
  • NiennaMariee
    Options

Beautiful!! But woaahh a lot of money!!
  • roxerella
    Options

Beautiful!! But woaahh a lot of money!!

Haha I meant "fallen" obviously. Yes, sooo pretty but silly price. I'm going to either get one made or look for something similar I think.
  • roxerella
    Options

Really pretty! I like the lace one and the last one.
  • roxerella
    Options

hello, i just looked at your pictures and i defo think the last one is the best by far. i love it. i choose my dress preety damn quick lol. its alfred angelo and style number 2137 i only tried 3 on and went to one shop, the second i put this one on i fell in love instantly and put the deposit on it there and then. ive since been back in with wobbles as thought id choosen to quick, so i tried on a few more, which i didnt like then tried my one on again and fell in love all over again lol.

i have pictures of it on my profile :) xxxx

So beautiful! I love the detailing, is it gold?
  • kikiallain
    Options

The last dress is my favourite one too :) I think the lace one was beautiful too :)

I've already bought mine, and posted a picture on the wedding thread Kath made, but I like to look at it so here it is again, haha.

5555832655m.jpg

Is picture not working?? It doesn't look like it is to me? :/

The lace one was really pretty. Actually what happened was that the girl at the salon asked me to be a model in a wedding show and I agreed. Once i said yes she just started putting on different dresses on me to see what would look good. The lace is just not at all me and does not really fit the wedding vision!! Still looking before I say yes though!!

I can't see the picture your trying to post but it may just be me :)
  • NiennaMariee
    Options
    t8w2fl.jpg

2nd attempt..
  • kikiallain
    Options
    Wow Nienna.. looks so romantic and gorgeous!!! Beautiful choice
  • roxerella
    Options
    t8w2fl.jpg

2nd attempt..

It is gorgeous! I love seeing other peoples dress choice. All so different but equally glorious!
  • kathendo1984
    Options
    How do you add pictures, trying to add pictures on my dress but have no idea how too :angry:
  • NiennaMariee
    Options
    How do you add pictures, trying to add pictures on my dress but have no idea how too :angry:

I uploaded mine onto tinypic.com, the 1st time I did it I used imageshack but that's when it didn't work :/ Then copied the direct link onto here with the code..

so it would be [ img ] *link* [ /img ]

only take out all spaces xx
  • kikiallain
    Options
    I said yes to the dress yesterday!! EEK!!! So happy to have found the one.
  • becs_91
    becs_91 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Here is mine! Ordered it 2 months ago:

BlueEnzoaniCincinnati_zpse43eb6a9.jpg

:love: I am sooo in love with it. Granted, that pic was 15 lbs ago, with hopefully much more progress still to be made :smile: I'm counting on some serious alterations to be done by the time I'm where I want to be!

Designer: Blue by Enzoani
    Style: Cincinnati
    Price: $1650 (from boutique in DC area)
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in April and I haven't even looked. My budget is so small that its a little disheartening.
  • kikiallain
    Options
    I said yes to the dress :) yay