It's Cooling Down! Time to start thinking about hiking...

Options
With the temps below 100, I'm already starting to daydream about hiking on Saturday mornings! What's your favorite hike?

I do Pinnacle Peak and love it SO much! I live around the 51 and Union Hills though so would love to find some closer alternatives. I am recovering from a foot injury, so what I like about Pinnacle is that there's a "stable," non-gravel-y path that feels secure for my feet. Also, the challenge level is just about right for me -- I've only gone all the way to the end one time, as I usually find a mid-way pt to turn around.

Would love any suggestions, or to learn about others' favorite trails.

Replies

• kzcortes
    kzcortes Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Definitely isn't as close to you as you might like but I hike South Mountain often and I love the trails there!
  • rrneal625
    rrneal625 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the area (Peoria - moved from out of state) and will have to check out Pinnacle Peak. My daughter and I use the MFP app, go to the gym 3-4 hours weekly for 1-2 hours, and like you....now that the weather is starting to cool off we want to start being more active outdoors. If you find any other places I'd like to hear about them! :)
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    North mountain 7th St & peoria has a paved path. I usually do thunderbird preserve 59th & pinnacle peak, but it's all trails/gravel that I do. Lots of mountains in the area. Squaw peak, south mountain, camelback and as someone else has suggested south mountain.
  • selfmedicated2
    selfmedicated2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    North mountain 7th St & peoria has a paved path.

That sounds wonderful -- a paved path for my foot injury, and super reasonably close to me! Thanks for the suggestion!