All about this group

Options
Ok, so, even though i am starting this group on a Tuesday, weigh-in days will be on Mondays; therefore, next weigh in day will be on Mon. September 17, 2012! I will do my best to post up Weekly Inspirational quotes and/or Weight loss tips :) Also, feel free to post up individual introduction and weekly goals! Remember, patience is key! Take it one day at a time and one week at a time.

Hope to get some good responses out of this group!!

Have a great week!

40 lbs by V-day!! We can do this!!!

Replies

• angelamartino
    Options
    Just joined today from bother's recommendation. Will work on this.
  • karinb1970
    Options
    My first weigh in will be tomorrow and then I will start doing Mondays going forward. Thanks for starting the group!!,
  • amcollazo99
    Options
    No problem :) Just trying to keep others motivated and help myself get motivated!
  • Michelle61361
    Options
    Hi! I love the idea of having 40lbs off by Valentine's Day! Thanks for starting this group and giving me a goal to shoot for....sexy red dress, candlelight dinner with Ryan Gosling...oh, I mean with my husband :)
    A little about me...my name is Michelle. I am 42 years old and have started this weight loss journey with my younger co-worker. We each have 70lbs goals (or there about). I am struggeling (and I mean seriously) with chronic leg pain and swelling (2nd MRI on Monday) which makes working out so difficult. We are in the gym 3 mornings a week before work though. It is almost heartbreaking to see her be able to work the holy heck out of the elepitical while I want to fall over with each step around the track or added resistance to the stationary bike. I am so proud of her and her 10lb loss but am also, admittingly jealous :( I have a friend at church who has lost 60+ lbs by using MFP so, here I am. My docotr has told me that weight loss is 60% diet and 40% exercise. I figure that I can focus on doing my best with the food tracking and giving it my all at the gym, even if it isn't what I wish that I could do (I am breaking a sweat though so I guess it isn't all a "walk in the park" while I am there). I would so much appreciate any extra motivation and support and will be sure to do the same for my "friends" here in the group!
  • kristizzzle
    Options
    I love it! One day at a time, one week at a time, one month at a time.

We have a big goal here, which can seem daunting unless we break it up into milestones.

I want to start by sharing my shorter term goals! ...

THIS WEEK (so by Monday's weigh-in), I want to lose 2 pounds!
    I will plan out my meals for the week and STICK TO 'EM!
    I will run around my neighborhood (weather is just amazing right now) at least 3 days this week and go to a class at the gym at least once.
    No soda, no candy, no fast food.

"We can do this!!!"
  • deenaabujaber
    Options
    i just joined :) I am from Amman Jordan and will join your mission.. I was introduced to myfitnesspall by a friend of mine who wanted before his 50th birthday to loose the extra weight.. he is down 16 kg, that is around 35 pounds which took him 6 months! I want to loose around 70 pounds by next summer.. started counting calories, walking and doing 1/2 hour workout on dvd at home, very motivated.. Good luck to all..xx
  • SexyDedee
    SexyDedee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I'm Dedee and I would like to lose 30-40 lbs so thanks for starting this group. I would also like to wish everyone the best of luck!!
    9/12/12 Starting weight 212
  • elimendoza31
    elimendoza31 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Good Morning...Just joined yesterday so i will post my weight on Monday...My Dr. told me to set small goals so I want to lose at least 15 to 20 pds by Oct 31.. Good luck ladies... I'm super excited... :flowerforyou:
  • KristaJeanMFP
    KristaJeanMFP Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to be part of a group of other ppl looking to lose! I look forward to seeing everyone's transformations on v-day!
  • Dnalbellehcim
    Options
    Woot woot! My weigh-in days are on Saturdays, so I'll just post what I lost on Mondays. I'm doing the same in another group which does weigh-ins on Tuesdays. I'm addicted to the scale! So horrible, so I've committed strictly to weighing in ONLY ONCE A WEEK!! I'm sort of treating it like a surprise I bought for myself that I get to unwrap every Saturday. That way of thinking for me helps!! Good luck everyone!!
  • tbielaczyc
    Options
    I like breaking this up into smaller (big) goals. I did the calculation and if I keep up my current routine, I'd hope to be just shy of 40 lbs off by V-day. I'm working the old WW plan right now in combo w/MFP. I'm having a hard time getting all my points right now (not sure why, but I think the daily wine being cut out may have something to do with it :) but I'm not going to beat myself up and eat when I'm not hungry just to get to the higher amount of calories it's telling me to have. I've never been much of a snacker, but I'm starting to snack more(healthily) on these programs. It's working out great so far. It's nice to have a group to report to. I weigh in on Thursdays but I'll repost on Monday's for the group. Great idea!
  • Healthy0060
    Healthy0060 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was drawn to this group because my birthday is on the 26th of February. It would be a wonderful gift to give myself a lighter body.
  • momto2lovelykids
    momto2lovelykids Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i would really want to have reached my goal
    of 70kg and get toned for my valentine day out.
    8kg more to go,looking forward to post faithfully in the weighin and give support as
    well as recieve it.
    my weight monday was 77.7kg a loss of 1.2kg 2.6pounds from last week