Obama versus Romney

Options
Who do you want to win the election and why?

Replies

• kathrynloreili
    Options
    I would've voted for Obama in the first place in 208 if i could, not because he was my ideal candidate, but because I saw him as the better of the two available choices. I still think so.

The Republicans are still trying to implement the principles of Reaganomics. They sounded good in 1981 when they'd never actually been tried. But we've had 30 years now to see how they work, and they've been an unqualified disaster. Deregulation has caused a dozen major catastrophes in 30 years but the Republicans want to do more of it. They've shifted the burden of taxation off the rich and onto the middle class, which has only had the effect of concentrating wealth more and more. And they've shipped all our good manufacturing jobs overseas to get higher profits at the cost of our standard of living. Finally, under GW Bush, the whole economy just collapsed. Bush had no clue as to what to do, except MORE deregulation, MORE tax cuts, MORE debt, etc.

Even though this agenda has failed enormously, the Republicans still believe in them, more as religious tenets than practical principles for running a country. The agenda is getting harder and harder to sell as time goes by but the Repubs have no Plan B.

Obama sure ain't perfect, but he's better than the alternative, which is basically another term for GW Bush.
  • chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I would've voted for Obama in the first place in 208 if i could, not because he was my ideal candidate, but because I saw him as the better of the two available choices. I still think so.

The Republicans are still trying to implement the principles of Reaganomics. They sounded good in 1981 when they'd never actually been tried. But we've had 30 years now to see how they work, and they've been an unqualified disaster. Deregulation has caused a dozen major catastrophes in 30 years but the Republicans want to do more of it. They've shifted the burden of taxation off the rich and onto the middle class, which has only had the effect of concentrating wealth more and more. And they've shipped all our good manufacturing jobs overseas to get higher profits at the cost of our standard of living. Finally, under GW Bush, the whole economy just collapsed. Bush had no clue as to what to do, except MORE deregulation, MORE tax cuts, MORE debt, etc.

Even though this agenda has failed enormously, the Republicans still believe in them, more as religious tenets than practical principles for running a country. The agenda is getting harder and harder to sell as time goes by but the Repubs have no Plan B.

Obama sure ain't perfect, but he's better than the alternative, which is basically another term for GW Bush.
    Agreed. Here's hoping he puts his stubborness aside and listens more to centerized Clinton. I guess they havent hit it off in the past socially, but he needs to put that aside and find a way to bargain with the republicans to get his job done.
  • chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Where are all those debaters??? LOL
  • kathrynloreili
    Options
    Where are all those debaters??? LOL

haha I know right