polypro hoops

Options
EnuffaMyButt
EnuffaMyButt Posts: 111 Member
What kind of hoops do you all use? I've been using 160psi tubing but, want to try a polypro hoop. Any input on the differences, etc. I've been practicing alot and starting to get some moves down really well. I'd love to hear what everyone likes to use.

Thanks!

Replies

• wyodawn
    wyodawn Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Ha! I have no idea what sizes mine are. One was purchased & the other 2 were made by friends. I discovered at the festival last weekend, that I want a larger, heavier hoop. It feels good on my back :) I took eyeball measurements of one I tried & liked a lot and am going to investigate at the hardware store this weekend. So yeah, I'm still into the clunky, hardware store tubing and haven't tried polypro hoops yet. I've heard that they're lighter and move faster. I would like some mini polypro hoops, as I do poi and would like to start doing poi hooping.
  • EnuffaMyButt
    EnuffaMyButt Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Im looking into poi hooping too. I use a 160psi 3/4" tubing for my hoop. I find it a perfect weight actually but, wondered about the polypro ones. Let me know when/if you get the mini hoops. I'm sure we could make those too ha?
  • KaityMarie379
    KaityMarie379 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am in LOVE with my polypro! It's so light and easy to flick around. I feel like my flow has been developing quicker with the change in weight. I still use home depot irrigation tubing to learn new things and to strengthen my wrists, but when I want to hoop at a fest my poly is my first choice.

I also made my own minis with the home depot tubing, they're difficult to get used to because they're surprisingly light in comparison to the regular sized day hoop. You will not be disappointed in them if you want to do poi with minis. I'm no performer by any means, but I still have a great time experimenting and finding other hoopers!
  • KaityMarie379
    KaityMarie379 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    ALSO! Polypro hoops do not bounce as much as irrigation tubing does. They really do 'whip' around and are so much fun to toss