Band Assisted Chinups?

Options
Anyone use bands for assisted pull-ups or chin-ups? If so, what kind do you have and how do you use them? I'm looking at the charts for the tension on the Elitefts bands, but it seems to refer to them being used in the DE Squat/Bench/Deads rather than for this purpose.

Replies

• Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=114&pid=248

Says
    "Use this band for assisted chin-ups and pull-ups."

Granted, different people will want different resistance. You might want to measure how far from the bar you are when doing pull ups and even different points of the pull ups. That will give you a better sense of how much help you will get by going off the chart. Keep in mind most of those are going to be a bit off because they hook it to one band peg then wrap it around a second so it is stretched more than if you were to just hang it off a bar.

I just use a chair to get my fat butt up to the bar so I'm not sure what kind of band is best, but I would guess that those types of bands would be easiest to loop around a bar and your knee. Overall I'm happy with both the onyx bands and pro short bands from efs that I use for both dynamic and max effort work.