Walk to Rivendell

Options
KimWW
KimWW Posts: 301 Member
So, no chance of me making it to the end before the movie comes out, but I am having fun tying my cardio to something I love. (No chance of that not being geeky.)

Here is the website, if you are interested.

http://home.insightbb.com/~eowynchallenge/Tools/Bag_end/bag_end.html

I am still in the Shire, but it is getting small in the distance. ;)

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I need Bill the Pony. :embarassed:
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    That's really Cool!
  • codapea
    codapea Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Yes! So doing this.
  • Laurelaas
    Laurelaas Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Heck yes! Once I have free time I want to try it!
  • jadedzen
    jadedzen Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    oh heck yeah.... this would so motivate me.
    bookmarked
  • shady81x
    Options
    Mhmm... this is why I <3 MFP (though I gotta admit I'm usually too lazy to log my food & all). Occasionally, via the message boards, I'll learn the existence of a awesome idea & motivate myself to do something.

Yep, bookmared too. Cheers for the link! :drinker:
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    That's cool... It'd be REALLY cool to do it on a day-per-day basis, in similar terrain, camping out... but that would require a month off work and some travel, so, unlikely at best...
  • larisagdukes
    larisagdukes Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank your for this excellent link. I have printed out the trip ticket and posted it at my desk at work. Every morning I am marking off how far I have travelled. I have been walking to Rivendell since last Thursday but I am sad ot say I am only at between mile posts 20 and 28. But I did hurt my knee and had to rest by the wayside for 2 days.
  • GeekyGoddess
    Options
    This is a cool idea :)
  • NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    AHAHAHA!

I seem to have found my people!

Hello, Clan!
  • KimWW
    Options
    I have a had a bad week, walking wise. But, I finally managed to make it out of Hobbiton completely! I expect to make better distance next week.
  • larisagdukes
    Options
    Yes, there is always another day. Weather was bad here today off and on so did not make much progress myself. I had to forage for supplies at Harry's Farmers Market (Whole Foods). I sure thought I would have walked more than it shows doing that chore. Sigh.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I'm on it..slow for me as I don't walk too much but I have made it to my first night so far ;)
  • larisagdukes
    Options
    Congratulations.
  • larisagdukes
    Options
    I finally got to meet the Elves - Mile 41.7!
  • Math_Geek
    Math_Geek Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Ok, this is awesome. I have played Lord of the Rings Online for a little over 5 years (I was a closed beta tester) and this is probably the most awesome thing I've seen yet. I always wanted a way to hook up my PC and a big screen to a treadmill and walk/run while I play. Someday I'm going to build it and make it work.

Must do the walk to Rivendell!
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    I think I need this in my life.

Now if only I could find a nice narrated podcast to paint me wonderful images of the Shire in a silky voice to complete my epic journey.

EDIT:
    But wait, there's more!

Why stop at Rivendell when you can do the whole LotR AND Hobbit journeys? :D Thank you for the share.

http://home.insightbb.com/~eowynchallenge/Walk/walk.html
  • KimWW
    Options
    I love the way this lets me feel like I am making progress, even though I am walking around the neighborhood and the scenery doesn't change much.
  • jodrake5
    jodrake5 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you all how HAPPY THIS POST MADE ME! I literally started getting emotional thinking about walking the distance to Rivendell from Bag End. Not to mention the Hobbit Films... oh this is so good. Geeks and NerdFighters to the end!
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    I can't tell you all how HAPPY THIS POST MADE ME! I literally started getting emotional thinking about walking the distance to Rivendell from Bag End. Not to mention the Hobbit Films... oh this is so good. Geeks and NerdFighters to the end!
    Ummm I think there needs to be a walking challenge to do the Hobbit walking plan before part 1 comes out in december! :D