Convert from NROL4W

Options
Hi all! I recently completed phase one of NR's. It was great and I really love lifting but am uncomfortable with how complicated things become in later phases of the program. I am going to start SL's tonight-yahoo :P

Questions (if you could help)....

My max squat was 125 in NR's. Should I start there or back it off to build back up. I was at 80 with my deadlifts, so same question there....

I am nervous about the whole power rack. My gym is full of muscle heads and they ALWAYS stare and I don't want to look like a dip. Any tips??

Thanks!

Replies

• vicmonster
    vicmonster Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I hope someone with more knowledge and experience responds but I'll give my novice opinion. It seems like it might depend on how much time has passed.

I just switched after doing one of each Stage 3 w/o in NROL4W. Since it's been almost 2 months since I finished stage 1 and I took 10 days off from lifting I decided to drop back quite a bit. With NR I finished with squats at 115lbs and I started 5x5 at 55 lbs. It was probably too low so I'm going to add 10 next time and see what happens. I havent done the deadlifts on 5x5 yet but will still probably drop back the same on those.

Good luck!
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options

My max squat was 125 in NR's. Should I start there or back it off to build back up. I was at 80 with my deadlifts, so same question there....

I am nervous about the whole power rack. My gym is full of muscle heads and they ALWAYS stare and I don't want to look like a dip. Any tips??

Thanks!

I lifted where I left off with my strength training with my gym plan. I have stalled on the OP, the BR and the BP though. So if it is steady strength gains you want, then I would start at the beginning and work up as the plan says. This may prevent early stalling a few weeks in, as we all have our maximum weights we can lift, where the muscle won't grow or lift anymore without special artificial help.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options

The spreadsheet should allow you to enter your previous lift amounts and convert to what you should start with.

http://stronglifts.com/secret-5x5-report/
  • MotherGoddess
    MotherGoddess Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I came over here after completing 1/2 of stage 2 in NROLFW. I loved stage 1, but stage 2 was weird and complicated and taking forever in the gym. I hadn't gotten terribly high in my weights, so I went back to the begining. I did up by 10 lbs twice in a row on squats though, and now I'm back to 5 lbs at a time. Loving this program though!