New!

Options
Hello Everyone!
I have been on MFP for awhile now and seeing great results!
I will be relocating to Arizona in October and looking forward to exploring hiking trails and cycling.
Any recommendations and/or friends are welcome!

Replies

• cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Arizona, What part will you be moving to so I can provide you with some places to start?

I am a hiker, runner, cyclist, swimmer in the east valley always looking for workout friends.. so feel free to add me.
  • anthemforagirl
    Options
    I am going to be living on the Phoenix/Scottsdale border.
  • rrneal625
    rrneal625 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Welcome to AZ, I recently moved here from the Midwest! I live in the West Valley so I'm not too familiar with trails and so forth in the Scottsdale area.....I'm still finding my way around and looking for places in the Glendale / Peoria area, lol! :smile:
  • selfmedicated2
    selfmedicated2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I live on the Phoenix/Scottsdale border too (I live in north Phoenix, around the 51 and Union Hills).

My favorite trail is Pinnacle Peak, which is pretty far north but I think very gorgeous and worth the little drive.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    For hiking
    North mountain preserve
    Pinnacle peak
    Camelback
    South mountain
    Tom's thumb
    Piestawa peak

Cycling
    PV - great area to ride in
    North scottsdale
    Come out to the tribe Saturday rides to meet some other cyclists and get to know the route.
  • ecove
    ecove Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    South Mountain is a great hiking spot for beginner/intermediate hikers :) Welcome!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i think you are going to enjoy it here. i moved here two years ago and i love it. the weather is fantastic.

my 2 biggest complaints are the lack of an ocean and the limited amount of ethnic restaurants. i miss having a korea town, china town, little italy etc...to choose from. Red Lobster was voted best seafood in Phoenix for crying out loud! lol
  • kzcortes
    kzcortes Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    All I know is the area around west Phoenix or south Phoenix. But welcome to the desert!