Healthy Food Options / Recipes

Options
This past weekend we experimented with fresh squeezed OJ + vanilla protein powder, pure awesomeness. We also had some tasty raspberry, blueberry, strawberry, greek yogart and vanilla protein powder smoothies. Anyone else have a great food recipe they would like to share? Preferrably a healthy option!

Replies

• jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Are you attempting to have sex with any of these foods? If not, I'm thinking you posted in the wrong forum.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Are you attempting to have sex with any of these foods? If not, I'm thinking you posted in the wrong forum.

pmsl!!! :laugh:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Everyone relax,there are no real restrictions for what can be posted here and lets try to all have a sense of humor and civility.
    So on with the discussion of the topic please.
    Thanks.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Actually, I was just thinking the other day it might be nice to talk about more fitness related stuff on this board. After all, it's tricky eating healthy when you're cooking for one. I find that I throw out so much more food now if I don't plan well.

This board shouldn't just be about sex and dating. After all, this is a fitness site.

And, honestly, I don't *like* posting in the other forums as much anymore anyhow because people are so quick to be rude and mean.

(says the girl with a ton of dating questions, none fitness related, in the queue to be posted eventually)
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Sheesh. Can't you people just enjoy the sex-with-food joke and move on?

I swear, these forums are worse than Catholic school. At least I got some action there.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    After all, it's tricky eating healthy when you're cooking for one. I find that I throw out so much more food now if I don't plan well.

The phrase 'cooking for one' triggered a thought for a compelling subject post.
    Sheesh. Can't you people just enjoy the sex-with-food joke and move on?

I laughed. :laugh:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    Hey Carl, I didnt realise you were now moderator around these parts, I must have missed that bit. Congrats!! :bigsmile:

@ Double Tapp, I think what Chris is trying to say is that you'll get a far greater response to your post if you post it in a nutritional forum or even the main forum. In single peeps we tend to dwell on sex, being single, why we are single, how not to be single, and well, the lack of sex from being single!!

:flowerforyou:

@Chris, love your humour :laugh:
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Rather than delete the whole thread, I removed a few of the 'insulting' posts. Hopefully from here, it'll get better. Carry on.
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

This board shouldn't just be about sex and dating. After all, this is a fitness site.

But, sex keeps you fit!!! :bigsmile:
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Everyone relax,there are no real restrictions for what can be posted here and lets try to all have a sense of humor and civility.
    So on with the discussion of the topic please.
    Thanks.

Dang, I was hopping to see some virtual punches get thrown
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options

But, sex keeps you fit!!! :bigsmile:

Gonna agree with this one....

HOwever I find that cooking for one is very easy to keep healthy, it's cooking for more than one that trips me up!
  • Double_Tapp
    Options
    Is it safe now to come back or are people still having sex with food? :laugh:
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Why do you think men like doughnuts so much?
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    A good Homer Simpson and doughnuts clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3ZcZ2h4Ths
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I missed this. I got a good laugh out of it...

I LOVE experimenting with different protein shake recipes, along with baking stuff and trying to find "healthier" alternatives for that.

These websites have a lot of really good stuff, whether you have a sweet tooth, or want "real" food.

www.dashingdish.com www.skinnytaste.com
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I'll start this off with a recipe since I'm eating some taco soup right now that I LOOOOOVE.

Hokay, so.. here are your ingredients:

1 lb lean ground beef
    4 garlic cloves
    4 tomatoes diced
    2 jalapenos diced (optional)
    1 red onion diced
    3-6 sweet mini bell peppers diced (optional)
    2 cups chicken broth (preferably natural)
    1 4oz can of fire-roasted green chiles
    1 cup salsa (preferably natural)
    1 Tbsp chili powder
    1/4 tsp garlic powder, onion powder, crushed red pepper flakes, and dried oregano
    1/2 tsp paprika
    1 tsp ground cumin
    1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
    dash of salt and pepper

1. Brown the ground beef
    2. Add all ingredients to crockpot, cook on low for 6-8 hours. ENJOY!
    3. Top with guacamole/avocado slices (healthy) or cheese and sour cream (nomnom) and maybe some chips to dip it in?

It's very spicy! I love spicy though. If you don't want it spicy, take out the cayenne, red pepper flakes, and jalapenos I would say.

ETA: I love crockpot meals because they're easy and come with a lot of portions so I don't have to make meals for a day or two after making something in the crockpot! And my roomie doesn't like spicy stuff so she won't eat any of it. :laugh:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Why do you think men like doughnuts so much?

:laugh: