When does 1st trimester fatigue go away?

Options
I'm 10.5 weeks along but this is my 3rd pregnancy in less than 3.5 years. I don't remember being this tired the other two times. I'm too tired to even go to get a pedicure. Now, that's just ridiculous. Please tell me that there's hope I'll get some energy soon. On the other hand, the nausea seems to be gone unless I think about cooking.

Replies

• chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Mine got better around 14 weeks I think...hang in there, you're almost out of the 1st trimester ;)
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Mine has never gone away. I am 26 weeks and still exhausted except I have been having low iron issues. No matter how many supplements I have been taking I can't get it in the normal range. Most people have said 13 weeks hopefully your iron stays normal.
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    My fatigue was horrible up until 15 weeks. I had a really hard time keeping my eyes open at work, and needed a nap every single day when I got home. Napped at least once on weekends, too.

Now I'm in my 3rd tri and it's back, but not as bad.

As much as the fatigue sucks, I'm glad I got it instead of morning sickness! :happy:
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I'm with jls - I'm 21 weeks and still very fatigued, but it's much better than morning sickness. I still feel naseous each morning when I wake up, but I haven't thrown up a single time, and for that I am thankful :)

I find that my eating really impacts my energy - when I get enough protein and steer clear of junk food, I feel energized...when I have too many treats, I'm dragging. Same goes for when I wasn't pregnant, but I think it's just heightened now.

Hopefully you get an energy burst soon :)
  • Missmissy0003
    Missmissy0003 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Thank you, ladies. I'm starting to crave healthier foods instead of junk, and the nausea is way down. Maybe eating a little healthier will give me my energy back.
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! I think my fatigue peaked right around 9 wks and then started getting less frequent around 13. I ended up taking 3 weeks off from my normal fitness routine and just walked a few times a week during that time. The fatigue is back now at 33 weeks tho :(
  • bonzombie
    Options
    never! ;) i'm 26 weeks. I don't remember being this tired last time but I didn't have a toddler to chase around, either ;)
  • vegasmari
    vegasmari Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I am so exhausted and my energy levels are so low. I have so much stuff to do and I can't even get up to do them..... Feeling like a lazy blob, but I'm just so dang tired. I remember with my 1st, it started to go away in the 2nd trimester. The 1st try was definitely the worst for feeling exhausted
  • wicklc
    wicklc Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately mine has not gone away- I am 28 weeks and the hardest thing that I have dealt with is the non stop fatigue
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    For my first tri, I didn't have fatigue, but the vivid dreams that don't let me enter a deep sleep state leading to sleep deprivation started around 15 weeks and hasn't gone away yet. *ugh*
  • JaclynnGail
    JaclynnGail Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Mine stopped around 14 weeks...at 20 weeks, is started coming back and seems to be here to stay, but it's not nearly as bad as it was...I can get through the day without a nap now, but am going to bed earlier than I usually would and having to sit more during the day than I used to.
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I think there is some kind of fatigue the ENTIRE pregnancy. BUt with that being said i think that it really depends on the person. I am always more tired than i remember being before pregnancy .but I have never gotten to that total exhaustion that some women get. I still manage to workout hard at least 60-90 minutes aday and even though i am tired i have yet to reach the point to where i just cant do it.

I think there is no given timeline to when you will be less tired and maybe it wont happen at all. Just go with the flow, do what you can and rest when you can!

Best of luck
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    My energy levels increased dramatically after 12 weeks. Just hang in there!
  • cmaxmor
    cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I am 30 weeks and mine never went away. I have taken 2 naps already today and will probably go to bed early. I had terrible morning sickness the first tri. Second tri I was a little less tired but the nausea was gone. Now I am just tired all the time. I worked full time at a very active job up until my due date with my other two kids. No way I could do that now.
  • abcmiah
    abcmiah Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My energy started to come back slowly at 13 weeks and now at 15 weeks I am back at the gym and feeling better every day. I hope you get some energy back soon. :)
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I wasn't exhausted for the entire first trimester, but I had days where I had zero energy. Got my energy back full time around 14 weeks and had a great second trimester.

Now at 38 weeks - totally fatigued!!!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    For my first tri, I didn't have fatigue, but the vivid dreams that don't let me enter a deep sleep state leading to sleep deprivation started around 15 weeks and hasn't gone away yet. *ugh*

Don't tell me this!!! I am really early on (4.5 weeks), and I have been having INSANELY weird dreams, so weird that I wake up at night and can't get back to sleep. Every day I wake up well before my alarm goes off and can't fall back asleep, too. With my first pregnancy, I didn't have a fatigue issue, but this time all I want to do is sleep! I don't feel physically exhausted so much as sleep-deprived (and my 19-month-old son sleeps through the night, so I can't blame him). I'm not supposed to be sleep-deprived yet!!!