Are weekends hard for anyone else?

Options
Hi all,
I'm just wondering how tuff it is for everyone else when it comes to weekends. I find that I tend to want to go overboard at least one day. I am on my 2nd glass of wine, but I'm switching to water...even though I know I'd really like another. It's hard especially at after work functions where there's an open wine bar and yummy hors'douvres.

Replies

• KristaJeanMFP
    KristaJeanMFP Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    The answer to your question-YES! I have a very hard time staying on task all weekend. Weekends are my guilty pleasure. But I also realize that it's not helping me reach my full potential. :-/ granted, I have been doing very very well with my dieting. I just enjoy a few brewskis here and there. Lol. Which, does not fit into my plan at all. Right now, I'm just starting out so if i slip up now and then I probably won't see it on the scale. But in the future, when I hit my plateau, every bit does count.
  • kimstaaa
    Options
    Weekends have been and always will be my weak spot.

I set my alarm this morning fully expecting to wake up and go running to help keep my weekly pattern so I can make my morning run a habit. Didn't happen. I turned off my alarm in my sleep and slept for another 3 hours. I needed the sleep but I'm disappointed I didn't get the run in. Along with that I always seem to snack more & over eat during meals.

One thing I've learned is that if my meals are planned for the week & weekend - I'm less likely to binge. Today I'm making healthy pulled pork in the crockpot. Knowing I have a yummy and delicious dinner waiting for me this evening makes me eat smaller portions throughout the day. As long as I keep myself busy and i'm not lounging in my pajamas watching TV all day - the snacking doesn't happen.
  • migdalp
    migdalp Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I also find it harder on the weekends too, if I am out of the house.
  • sakraf
    sakraf Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Weekends are very hard for me. Always have been, probably always will be. But I always try to fit in at least an hour at the gym both Saturday and Sunday. But today I plugged my weight into the machines, and after an hour, I had burned only around 300 calories. That's a glass of wine and a few cookies. Puts things in perspective.
  • debiw1234
    Options
    Weekends are very hard for me. Always have been, probably always will be. But I always try to fit in at least an hour at the gym both Saturday and Sunday. But today I plugged my weight into the machines, and after an hour, I had burned only around 300 calories. That's a glass of wine and a few cookies. Puts things in perspective.

It's amazing how looking at things like that changes the perspective...at least with me. Although sometimes it works and others it doesn't. But this is a lifestyle and I'm going to have days when I eat more or something I shouldn't and I think as long as I am doing well 90% of the time and I'm losing weight then I am good. That's my perspective anyway.
  • Evachiquita
    Evachiquita Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Weekends are so hard! I find that I get a little bored and start to think about eating more food than I should on the weekends.I think reminding myself that the calories are usually never worth it has made a difference. It's also hard to stay away from the beer and wine on the weekend. Even if you just go out for a drink or two that can totally blow your whole week's effort! Last night at the local farmers market I really wanted a beer but I resisted and told myself that although a beer would be really nice it would make me feel bad, emotionally and physically. Plus I was still there enjoying the music and atmosphere without the extra empty calories and the negative emotions. I was however under my calorie goal for the day so I had a small scoop of ice cream when I got home. It was a decision that I was happy with in the end. I will try to keep that mindset for the weekend! and fit in a bike ride and a short trip to the gym!
  • nofailureallowed
    Options
    Weekends have always been hard for me..I guess my brain thinks the weekend is a total vacation from life lol. But over the last few weeks I've made sure I've kept the SAME routine on Sat & Sun. I still follow my eating schedule and when its time to go out I always check the menu before hand, or suggest a resturant that has low cal dishes. But the biggest issue is my week dessert, even though I have NO desire to share my cheesecake I always do so I wont rack up a bunch of calories.
  • kristizzzle
    Options
    When I first read this heading my initial thought was, "Nope! Not for me! .. I power through the weekends like a champ!" .. but this is simply because my work-week is not the average workweek. My days off are usually Tues-Wed or Thurs-Fri. So this past week, sure enough, Thursday rolls around and I stick to my plan perfectly .. until I'm bored and lonely after my day is over and I decide that since I ran earlier, I can walk to Qdoba and get a chicken quesadilla with the works. Mm-mm-mm. It was delicious. And I sacrificed 3 pounds for it on the scale the next day! .. Then, Friday, I was in a state of mind that was powerless, throwing in the towel, etc. I ate pizza!! And I had a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks .. ick. I paid another 3 pounds for that splurge! ... So on my "Monday" morning, I was up 6 pounds and now I have to bust my *kitten* before my weigh-in to fix it!

What's unfortunate is that this is every week for me. Also, this has been the cycle of my life for years now .. with the yo-yo weight gain and weight loss.

Sometimes I'm not sure if it will ever end ...