NFL, Week 2

Options
tsh0ck
tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
Everyone get their waiver wire pickups in .... game time in 2 days.

ogletree is the easy call, but if you need some help, I'd look at some of the Jets WRs. I wouldn't dump anyone big for them, just because we don't know if this was simply a fluke game against a team that's lost 9 of the last 10 games. but could be a viable bench option at the least.

look also at cobb in green bay. he may pull some points away from jones.

running back, washington has a new starter in alfred morris -- who I left on my bench in my work/pay league, which ended up costing me a loss of $20 by 2 points -- but shannahan will randomly change both his depth chart and his RB game plan weekly, so it's always a roll of the dice with him. I liked how dwyer looked for pittsburgh. lots faster and bigger that redman, and that guy was hurt last year. definitely worth looking into.

TE .... eh. after the top few, there's really no big differences other than random big games. I did like the look of pitta in baltimore, though. he's one of two TEs there, but he and flacco seemed on-target in the second half. may be worth at least watching.

Replies

• _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    My pay league I had a high waiver wire # so ogletree, cobb, dwyer, morris and one of the Jets wr's was gone.
    I picked up McCluster, he's classified as a WR and RB in Yahoo. Dumped Redman for him.
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    He's a good pickup, too. Hard to say for sure what they will do with him going forward, but if charles can stay healthy, they don't have much other than bowe in the wr department.
  • HLeAnn
    HLeAnn Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I was able to pick up James Jones for backup WR in place of Decker in one league. In my work league I dropped Celek as TE for Heath Miller. Obviously, I wanted Ogletree for WR but everyone and their grandpa claimed him right away.
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    I was able to pick up James Jones for backup WR in place of Decker in one league. In my work league I dropped Celek as TE for Heath Miller. Obviously, I wanted Ogletree for WR but everyone and their grandpa claimed him right away.

hmmm ... that's a risky move, jones for decker. mostly because green bay has so many guys to throw to and denver has, well, two or three. decker is manning's favorite target - and was one yard shy of a touchdown this week. another thing that would have won me my money league. ugh.

jones is still quality. I have him in a few leagues. but I'm hanging onto decker. he isn't the big-play guy in denver, but he's going to be consistent. I think.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I passed on James Jones. Jennings might be back sooner than thought.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    This doesn't pertain to this fantasy league, but another one.... just letting it out here:

**** YOU, AARON RODGERS! YOU NEED TO DISCOUNT DOUBLE CHECK YOURSELF BEFORE YOU DISCOUNT DOUBLE WRECK YOURSELF....and wreck my FF team in the process.
  • alanjwood
    alanjwood Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    **** YOU, AARON RODGERS! YOU NEED TO DISCOUNT DOUBLE CHECK YOURSELF BEFORE YOU DISCOUNT DOUBLE WRECK YOURSELF....and wreck my FF team in the process.

Sadly that applies to me in this league. :(