Define "Clean Eating" Please

Options
velezdina
velezdina Posts: 31 Member
Please dine "clean eating" for me? I'm just thinking my "clean eating" might differ from somebody else.....

Replies

• rosylove
    Options
    Hello Dear!

I would define "clean eating" as putting nutrient dense foods first when planning a day to day menu plan. some people eat just because there is food around and not being conscious of what they are putting in their bodies. what ever you consume become a part of you. So when ever you putting your hand to your mouth always stop and ask yourself "am i eating clean or am I just clugging up my inside?".

That's my definition of clean eating. What's yours Velezdina?
  • leeneemaui
    leeneemaui Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great reply Rosylove. Couldn't have said it better.
  • leeneemaui
    leeneemaui Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Clean eating still is "different" for different people. Some chose to have more protein than carbs, some more carbs than protein. For some, it means "No eating after a certain time of night". For others - it is choosing not to consume meat. You have to find out what "style" of clean eating suits you and it may vary at different seasons of your life - based on what you goals are at that time.

But, the overall theme is just as rosylove said - nutrient dense calories...not empty calories just for the sake of calories. High octaine "fuel"....

For me - I aim to eat "clean" 80-85% of the time. I no longer "beat myself up" for having a small bowl of ice cream on a rare occasion. I chose to limit my portion sizes in all areas. Logging the food, for me - is key. it is about conscious eating vs unconscious eating.....thinking about what my hand is lifting to my mouth and my mouth is agreeing to eat.

I am a product of what I eat...garbage in - garbage out. Cannot expect my body to perform like a "warrior princess" if I don't healthy fuel in it.