Introduce yourself

Options

Replies

• Effster
    Effster Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I was born and raised in New York, currently living in California. Proud of my Filipino heritage! Feel free to add me--Let's count the ginataan and pancit calories together. hehe!
  • calfreaky
    calfreaky Posts: 4
    Options
    Hiya! Luna here from Cebu! Nice to meet you all guys!
  • czenny
    czenny Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone, Czenny from Metro Manila. Let's do thiiiiiisss! :)
  • rolokong
    rolokong Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello, My name is Rolando..........Born in PI - Aklan in Panay Island............been living in United States since I was 12. I am currently in Garden Grove California.
  • lambing05
    lambing05 Posts: 34
    Options
    hi im adelle bago lang po rito.. hopefully ma kuha ng support from you guys :) pa add po :happy:
  • VirtuousVal
    VirtuousVal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hello~ I am Valarie aka VirtuousVal. I am Mestiza (half-Caucasian half Filipino). I was born in the Angels City, Philippines. My American Father was in the US Navy. My father brought us over to the United States when I was about 15 months old. My mother got her US citizenship in 1979.

My mother hometown is Cabatuan. Her maiden name is Sarte. She still owns a house in the Capt. Pepe Subdivision. Directly behind a Judges house in Cabatuan. That some of my cousins are renting from my mother. My mother had bought the house for my Lola to live in. She was known to disappear for days. She was unable to find her way back home. So that the family could watch over her and take care of her in her old age. She passed away in 2006. Most of all of her family still lives there. Some are living in Australia and a few in the United States. My mother has a nephew that lives in California but I do not know where. I have never met him in my adult life. I probably did when I was a infant? I have an Auntie that lives in Chicago Suburbs.

My mother did not teach us to speak Tagalog. That is the one thing that I wish she did teach us! We were always the only children at a Filipino gathering that did not speak Tagalog. I think that she had the mindset of what older Filipinos have that she wanted us to be "Americanized". I could understand sometimes what she is talking about when she is speaking Tagalog. Of course, we mostly learned the bad words and some most commonly known words or phrases. We also love to play Mahjong at family gatherings we bet with pennies.

My mother only taught us how to cook the Filipino dishes & the Filipino Soul foods. I love to cook Filipino Soul food and Soul Food in general thanks to my love for African American cuisine. My favorite Filipino dishes are Lumpia, Sinigang, Chicken or Pork Feet Adobo, Pancit. I also love Pork Soi Pao, although I don't know how to make that. I buy it already pre-made from the Asian Market.

My mother did take us over to the Philippines to visit and meet our Family and show us where we came from when I was about 10 years old. We did not know that we had a half sister that lived there in the Philippines until just before she took us over there. She sat us down and explained to us that our reason & purpose was to go over there to start the process to bring her here to the U.S.A. We were told that when she was a little girl that she was scared of American G.I.'s and she wanted to stay in the Philippines when my father brought us here to the United States. My half sisters' father had died from leukemia. She never knew him. She was raised by my Aunties in the Philippines. When my half sister came to the United States she obtained her citizenship and went into the Navy. She married a Navy commander. She now lives in the Boston area. They have 3 girls.

My daughter is ½ African American ~ 1/4 Filipino ~ 1/4 Caucasian.

I only have a few Filipino friends so far on MFP. I would like to make more Filipino friends here on MFP. Send me a MFP Friend Request with a short message attached that you seen my post here. If you have any other MFP friends who are also Filipino let me know. I think we would have a lot in common!! We can share in our Ethnicity, Weight Loss Journey. We can also share and swap Filipino recipes ideas that a low calorie for our new "Healthier LifeStyle".
  • missteej
    missteej Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm TJ, 24. Living in Cainta, working in Eastwood. Newbie. ^__^
  • crispa2012
    Options
    hey! =)
  • mumrevamp
    mumrevamp Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    keep it going guys, i hope we can support each other kahit we're from different parts of the world. Im April btw from Perth, Western Australia :)
  • HaveShoesWillRun
    Options
    Hi! I'm Trish from Cebu, I've never worn a 2 piece bikini, and I know that at my age (37), this is kinda hard, but I'm willing to try! I hope to get (and give!) support from this group.

Kaya natin toh!!!
  • cianalynn
    cianalynn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm Trish. Feel free to add me.
  • ReyesJensen
    Options
    Hey it's Jensen from Maryland,USA and back forth from PI hope everyone will meet there goals and hope for support from fellow pinoys :)

ht: 5' 10''
    Starting wt 250lbs (8/13)
    Current wt: 234lbs (9/23)
  • bmq1689
    bmq1689 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Is this thread still alive? I'm a newbie..hoping to meet some filipino here who eats the same thing as I do. Feel free to add me and let's start the journey to a better life. : )
  • DarkblueAd
    Options
    Hey everyone! Ad here! Let's get fit everyone! :)

Feel free to add me.
  • hazelann_pt
    hazelann_pt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hola! I'm Hazel from Phoenix, Arizona. Let's bring it!
  • change_starts_now
    Options
    hi i'm kat from alabang.... always going over my calory consumption hahaha
  • EPICUREASIAN
    EPICUREASIAN Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    40-something, Filipina in Tx and food-lover! Add me!
  • jemquid
    Options
    My name is Myma from TX.
  • uncertainty
    uncertainty Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! Mikhail from Makati. Add me up!
  • theycallmewy
    theycallmewy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello. Im Wyeth. 23.F. Currently living here at the Philippines. :)