Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Woodrow Wilson Bridge walk

I would like to know if anyone would be interested in walking the Wooddrow Wilson Bridge roundtrip this Sunday Sept 16. The weather forecast says high 70's and 0% rain. I've never done the walk before and thought it would be a nice change.

Replies

• togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    OMG - - - I just injured my ankle and have been placed in a boot for 2 weeks .... If I am feeling okay I would love to maybe meet up BUT Im down for the next walk!!!!
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Sounds like fun, but I will be at the Maryland Renaissance Festival. Maybe next time.
  • I've done that walk - its really nice. the bridge itself is about 2 miles (shore to shore). I don't know if I'll be free... what time were you thinking of starting? which side? the alexandria side has plenty of street parking.
  • I was thinking 2pm and starting on the Nat'l Harbor side.
  • I can't do it in on sunday. would you be interested meeting again sometime during the week,? my schedule is pretty flexible. could meet early morning (nothing crazy early)
  • Can't meet during the week at all. I work 10 hrs a day and my day starts at 4:30 just to get to work. I also run my own cake biz too so weekends are my only sort of free time unless I'm busy delivering cakes all over the metro area.

Other walks can be planned for upcoming Saturdays or Sundays for those that would like to join in. I was thinking like every 2nd Saturday / Sunday or something.....

Thoughts anyone?
  • I am totally interested in meeting up regularly to workout together. I prefer mornings, that way, I can still get stuff done on the weekends. does that work for you? sat or sunday mornings?
  • I am totally interested in meeting up regularly to workout together. I prefer mornings, that way, I can still get stuff done on the weekends. does that work for you? sat or sunday mornings?

Yes that works. My fiance and I walked the bridge and throughout Alexandria today and it was great! Afterwards my gym was having a 2 hr zumbathon to support breast cancer and I went to that for 1hr. Least to say I'm pooped but had a great day with my sweetie.