Exercise for us...

Options
Exercise for the middle-aged:

Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side.

With a 5-lb potato bag in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, and then relax.

Each day you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer. After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb potato bags.

Then try 50-lb potato bags and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb potato bag in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute.

(I'm at this level.)

After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each bag.

Replies

• sweetbippy
    sweetbippy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    This had me giggling. My grandmother used to use various soup and food cans as weights, so I thought you were serious, til I got to the end. ;) Hey, in a pinch, this works!
  • LyssaJ1
    LyssaJ1 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    LOL! Awesome!! I was gonna say "but I can only lift 2 pounds..." then I read to the end :laugh: Thank you for sharing it!
  • deez2015
    deez2015 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    ROFL! That's hilarious! :D
  • Anamdalta
    Options
    I'm going to have to hire some young, virile spotters for this program ;)
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
  • nauti2012
    Options
    :drinker: I was going to congratulate on your success.... This was too funny... thank you for the laugh... And by the way congrats on your weight loss....
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • 180farm
    180farm Posts: 230
    Options
    I read it twice before i caught on. That's hysterical.
  • ajpeardon
    ajpeardon Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Very funny! Have to go and share that on FB!
  • bonnielovinglife
    Options
    lol Oh that is excellent., I think I will have to share this exercise with my physio! Thank you! *giggling still
  • KelleyRob
    KelleyRob Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Exercise for the middle-aged:

Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side.

With a 5-lb potato bag in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, and then relax.

Each day you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer. After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb potato bags.

Then try 50-lb potato bags and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb potato bag in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute.

(I'm at this level.)

After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each bag.

This had me giggeling. I can't picture a 100 lb bag of potatoes. My husband and I buy 5 lbs and it lasts about a month. But I do agree, you can improvise with items at home and don't have to buy exercise equipment. Have a blessed day everyone.:flowerforyou:
  • Good one! I was thinking wow she's doing great. I was telling myself... Well I could start off with one potato and work my way up!! LOL That's one I'll share with everyone.
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I loved it. Thanks so much for the good laugh tonight!