"Grind" friends

Options
Just wondering if there is anyone out there who has or is or will be doing the grouse grind? Some time. Anyone got a good story about it? Its a great place for at least a 45- 90 minute hike straight up a mountain. Should burn you at least 1000 calories, but I'll worn you. Its HELL to climb. I myself try to get there once a week. May be a great place to meet to go up as a buddy.

Friend me and send it with a message to let me know what's up.

or just leave a post. Happy grinding, cycling, running or just plain walking.

" PACK LITE, LIVE LONG and TRAVEL FAR "

Neil.

Replies

• ClimbNGrind
    Options
    Hi there... I've been on the grind about 4 times so far this year... When you say it's he'll, yup, that's about it... What a great cardio workout though... I head up there usually on Saturday early am... Seems to be less busy then... Midday makes it too crowded I think... Hard to gain better times with all the traffic in the way... Maybe I'll see you up there! Go baby go...
  • ClimbNGrind
    Options
    How's the grind going? Been up there lately? I'm heading up early this Saturday. Sept the 8th... Will I see you there? I've also been giving some thought to hiking up the second trail right after the tram ride down from doing the grind trail, think its called, Baden Powell trail... Should be an easier gentler cool down kind of climb from the other one... You up for it?
  • ClimbNGrind
    Options
    Hey Neil, great seeing you up on the grind this morning.... Was hotter today I noticed, made for a bit of a harder climb... You feel that too?
  • vickilm1976
    vickilm1976 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I only ever did the Grind once and that was over 10 years ago. It was really hard I'm going up tis Sunday morning, wish me luck!
  • mywoodshop69
    Options
    That's awesome Vickilm.!! I get up there about once a week. 10 years or so, its prolly changed a lot. Might be easier cause they put more steps in. Not that climbing "that" hill would be considered easy. Heh.

Have a great grind , power right too the top! Maybe I see you there.
  • ClimbNGrind
    Options
    Hi, I will be on the mountain hiking up the grind, well, the bcmc which runs just east of the grind... Is just as hard as the grind except when you get to the top, it levels out just a bit... Been doing the climb for awhile now... Love that one... Waaaay less traffic... Maybe see you in am. What time are you getting there?
  • vickilm1976
    Options
    I'm hoping early, as in before 9am, as I've heard it gets really busy. I tried "practicing" today on the stair master and the treadmill, not gonna lie, I'm now even more scared than I was before. I know I can do it though, just not sure how long it will take me and what kind of hot mess I will be at the top. There is beer at the top though, so that should get me moving LOL
  • mywoodshop69
    Options
    Ahh yes. The beer at the top. This can be a very motivating fluid. Heheh.
  • vickilm1976
    Options
    Very ticked off, I spent all of Saturday preparing for the climb (no salt, tonnes of water), I got up at 6 am yesterday and after sitting around for a few hours waiting, my friend bailed on me. ARGH! Should have taken the bus out there myself and just done it without her. Frustrating.
  • mywoodshop69
    Options
    Wow. The winter is so long. Testing my patience waiting for the mountain to re open. There are rocks to slip on and tree roots to stub my toe on. If the weather can keep going like today (oh so sunny) they might open the trail a little early. ;-)